Chapter 23

We grabbed all the bags from the back, and threw out our empty cups from the food court. I dropped all the bags off in my room, happy with the purchases and how my day went. I walked down into the living room to see everyone sitting on the couch.

"What are y'all doing?" I asked, walking into the room and leaning against the wall. Brandon looked up at me, "We're gonna fix your ankle, pretty sure it's broken." Brandon informed me, sitting up and grabbing Andrews arm. "I'm a doctor in training, I know how to do this." He informed me, cracking his knuckles. I looked worriedly at him. "Are you sure?" I asked anxiously. "Positive." He informed me.

I took a deep breath and sat down on the ground in the kitchen, taking big breaths to calm my nerves. "Do I have to get surgery?" I asked worriedly, staring at my ankle and back to Andrew. He put some pressure on it making it hurt quite a bit. I held back from flinching, and put pressure onto my hands.

"Yeah, probably." He informed me sighing. I groaned in annoyance. "Can I wait til tomorrow?" I asked, with pleading eyes. It was getting a bit late and I was too tired to have to deal with this right now. Andrew gave me a pointed look, telling me it wasn't a good idea but reluctantly agreed.

Luke came out of his office and looked at us, "So, does she need surgery?" He asked Andrew. "Yeah." He sighed, "But I'll take her to the hospital tomorrow, it's getting late and I think we're all tired." He got up and reached his hand to help me up.

"I'm coming too." Luke stated, filling a glass with water and taking a big gulp out of it. "Does surgery hurt?" I asked, feeling a bit scared. "Well, they'll make you go to sleep first, so you won't feel anything. Afterwards your ankle might be a little sore though." He informed me trying to ease my worry. I only nodded.

Blake came running into the room almost crashing into me. "We should have a movie night!" He shouted excitedly, throwing his hands in the air. Benjis head peaked around the corner, as did Ryders and Brandon's. I laughed a bit at their over excited attitude towards watching a movie. "I'll make popcorn!" Andrew rushed, jumping up and down, running to the cabinet.

He grabbed 5 packets of popcorn and plopped them each separately in the microwave. I haven't had a movie night in forever, I'm sure this was going to be fun.

I rushed upstairs to change into my new pajamas. I picked through a couple and found some super fuzzy white pants and a white long sleeve t-shirt that was extremely soft. I also grabbed a fuzzy gray blanket on my bed, and put my hair in a low bun, pulling out strands of hair in front of my face. I rushed down the stairs and into the living room where everyone else was sitting.

I grabbed a bowl and sat down in between Andrew and Luke, making them move over. Luke tapped his shoulder indicating for me to put my head down, and I did. Blake turned off the light with a remote, while scrolling aimlessly through Netflix trying to find something to watch.

"Everyone here up for a horror movie?" Blake asked, looking at all his brothers and then me. I just shrugged indicating I didn't care. They ended up settling on 'IT' the new clown horror movie. I looked up to Luke, "Is it too scary?" I asked him glancing nervously at the clown in the sewer and back to him. "I don't think it's too bad." He comforted me patting my head. I ate some popcorn while sharing it with Luke once in a while.

Currently we were on the scene where Beverly was in the bathroom and- "AH!" I shouted, some popcorn flying out of my bowl. All the boys laughed at me for jumping, but I couldn't help it. What else do you do during a jump scene?

I recollected myself for the rest of the movie, parts of it were quite funny but other parts scared me a bit more. I didn't really mind though, apparently horror movies didn't scare me too much.

My eyes began drooping as they picked out another movie, I think it was called 'Alice in Wonderland.' I tried keeping them open but with Luke playing with my hair and brushing it out of my face, it was extremely comforting and relaxing. Sometimes they would close fully and I'd forget where I was, and then I'd open my eyes up again.

Apparently Alice had just fallen down a rabbit hole after chasing a rabbit, shes dumb.. I thought to myself. My eyes started closing again and I didn't bother to try and keep them open this time. "You tired?" Luke asked, brushing my hair with his fingers. "I'm resting my eyes." I grumbled, smiling a bit. He chuckled, making me feel another rumbling feeling on his chest.

"I think your falling asleep." He informed me. "No, I don't think so." I yawned, I tried hiding it but it didn't work. I felt like I was about to drift off into sleep any second. The last thing I heard before it all went dark was Luke saying, "Good night Quinny."

                                 •••

I awoke however many hours later, I didn't hear anyone else in the room but all I felt was being lifted up bridal style by someone. I opened my eyes slightly and saw Luke holding me and taking me up to my room. I snuggled up closer to him, and he looked down at me smiling. "Go back to sleep." He told me, opening up my bedroom door and placing me down on my bed. I smiled happily, and snuggled up into my blanket and pillows.

I spoke up to him, using the rest of my little strength I had for the day. "Good night Luke." I whispered to him, closing my eyes again, and turning over onto my side. "Good night Quinn, sleep well." He told me, closing the door behind him. I had a pretty great day with these idiots. And with that last thought I fell asleep once more.

A/N: I hope you liked these two chapters, I thought they were really sweet and they made me really happy to write them. I think Quinn deserved some happy moments in her life too, just so everyone knows that even though life seems terrible sometimes, and that there's always gonna be trouble.. Things always can get better. Might not be tomorrow, in a week, month, or even year. But they will. :)