Reignite a War

(Elsa's POV)

Three months, that's how long it's been since me and my friends and family have been living on Dragon's Edge. And for the most part, it's been an enjoyable stay.

Jack insists I just stay on the Edge, and let him take care of Ahtohallan. And even though I want to do my share of the work, Jack has a point. Being pregnant with a baby takes priority. 

And pregnancy has been...tough. Morning sickness, has been worse than I expected. And I'm not the only one....poor Anna has the same symptoms. Worse I dare say. We hadn't thought we'd be so sick. After all, our cousin, Rapunzel had a rather smooth pregnancy.

Merida is now five months pregnant. She has cravings non-stop. Hiccup has the patience of a saint with everything he has to do. I would go insane if I had to rule, host rulers of other countries, parent a child, and care for a cranky pregnant woman.

Eugene and Rapunzel have been dealing with different domestic problems. Their twins have taken to crying two hours straight at night, NO exceptions. And since there's two of them, Rapunzel and Eugene are seriously sleep deprived.

Also now, Rapunzel and Eugene have added to more daughters to their family. It seems that they were finalizing an adoption of two little orphan girls from the Isle. A little girl with black hair and almond-shaped eyes; and a little red-headed girl with huge blue eyes. 

Their names are Kiara and Catalina, but they prefer their nicknames: Angry and Red. They are living on the Edge too. They have made friends with Valka and are now a trio of troublemakers. 

Makes me wonder what my little one will be like. Knowing Jack, our child will probably have some mischief in their blood. Sigh. I don't know how I'll keep up.

"Elsa!" Jack flung open the door to our room. 

"Jack, you're back. Is everthing alright in Ahtoh-"

"Yes, everything's fine back home, but we're going to have company."

"Company? You mean-"

"Auradon. Hiccup spotted their ship approaching."

Jack looked both angry and excited. 

"Well, we should prepare to greet them." I stand and take the arm Jack offered me.

Everyone else was already in the clubhouse as Hiccup called it.

Merida was sitting down but she had her bow and quiver ready at her side. 

Rapunzel and Eugene were each holding one of their twins, Red and Angry sitting next to them.

Valka was sitting next to her dad, sharpening her dagger. She looked eager.

Anna was also sitting down, holding Kristoff's hand as he stood over her, protectively.

I take my seat while Jack perches atop his staff. 

Hiccup clears his throat, "Auradon finally realized somethings up and that we probably found their spies. We have the upper hand, but still be on guard. They should be arriving. I sent the Berk Guard to intercept them and escort them here."

"Then it's payback time!" Anna pumped her fist in the air. 

"We don't throw the first punch." Hiccup looked sternly at us. "If we ended up physically fighting it's because Auradon makes the first move."

We murmur our agreements, though I could tell some of us are terribly disappointed.

Just then the door to the clubhouse open. Eret walks in.