6

Words: 717

~Y/n's POV~
~Time Skip~

I woke up from this loud shriek.

"GET THAT AWAY FROM ME!!" Alex exclaims, running up to the loft.

I stretch and yawn, "What is it now?"

"Aww, man. Now you woke up Y/n." Reggie told Alex.

I roll my eyes and stand up. I look down at where Alex was running away from and it was just a little spider. "You know there could be more spiders up there."

"WHAT?!" He jumps off the loft, landing on Luke.

"OW!! Alex!" Luke pushes Alex off of him.

"It was just a spider, Alex." I say, holding up the spider he was scared of.

"NO!! NO!" He hides behind the piano.

Julie enters the studio, seeing a freaked out Alex.

"Y/n, what did you do?"

"I just showed him a spider. I didn't think he'd be such a scaredy-cat." I tease.

"You're mean!" Alex exclaims, pointing at me.

I put my hands up in defense, "Sorry."

Luke chuckles, "See, this is why you're the emotional one."

I put the spider outside the studio and it crawls away.

"There, is that better now?" I ask the boy.

"Yes, much better." He gets out of his hiding spot.

"Y/n, there's breakfast inside and you better go get changed so you could meet your... Dad." Julie tells me.

I smile and nod, walking out of the studio.

~Time Skip~

It was planned. Reggie wanted to come so I let him come with me. We were walking towards the house, well, Reggie was. He was giving me a piggyback ride because I was too lazy to walk, and my cramps. We get to the front door and I start to play with Reggie's hair, getting a bit nervous.

Reggie looks up at me, "Are you okay?"

"No, yeah, I am. Can you put me down?" I ask him and he does.

Reggie was about to knock the door.

"Are you ready?" He asks before knocking.

I grab his hand, fidgeting with his fingers as I shake my head. Reggie kneels in front of me, taking my shoulders.

"There's nothing to worry about, Y/n. You've got this. I know you do." I gulp.

"But, isn't it a bit weird to find a kid knocking on your door?"

"...Girl scouts?" Reggie answers.

"But I don't have any cookies."

"Well, then just say your lost." Reggie says.

"But-" He cuts me off by knocking on the door.

I start to get really anxious and I squeeze his hand. Reggie squeezes it back, telling me it's going to be okay. The door opens... showing a man. He was at least in his early 40s. Dresses in a suit so he probably works a lot. His eyes were droopy and he smell like beer and tried to hide it with Klevin Klein cologne. So probably after my mom, or his significant other, died he drowned himself with alcohol and is a workaholic because he could barely pay the bills from what this house looks like. Did I just profile him? ...No.

"Who are you?" The man points at me and Reggie.

"Um, I'm here to find Brandon Hawkes?" Reggie asks.

"That's me."

"D-Did you marry someone named... Katy Peters?"

The man looks down, on the verge of crying.

"Yes."

"I believe this is your daughter." Reggie steps away, showing me.

"Hi, I'm... Y/n. I'm guessing you're my dad?" He grabs my hand, kneeling in front of me like a Dad would.

"Y/n... I'm so sorry." The man tells me.

"We couldn't take care of you because of all the bills and stuff an-"

"I get it. You don't have to apologize." I tell him, knowing he has had a rough passed decade.

"I-If you're here so you c-could live with me, I can't because I-" I cut him off again.

"I know, you don't have enough money to raise a child. I just wanted to meet my dad." I hug the man.

We pull away and I smile at him, "You've got this, Dad. I know it."

He smiles at me before Reggie and I leave.

"You feeling okay now?" Reggie asks.

"Yeah," I feel a sharp pain in my stomach, knowing it's one of those shocks but I quickly hide it, trying to hide the fact that I'm dying.