Chapter 1: The Parchment

Ryn Auxuère_
Ryn Auxuère placed her firebolt down beside her magical fireplace and stretched her arms above her head, cracking her neck and back with a light moan.

Shaking her head lightly she freed her long navy blue hair of its plait. It tumbled down her back and she scratched her scalp, her eyes rolling back into her head at the feeling. Tossing down her duffel bag beside her broom, she glanced at the emblem stamped proudly on the side.

The FastLight Falcons; her quidditch team. Currently number one in the world.

Smiling at the elaborate stitching, she rolled up her sleeve and gazed at the tattoo there. The hogwarts emblem was inked there in amazing detail over her wrist, a slightly smaller ravenclaw emblem just below it.

Her mind wondered back to her amazing years running through those castle halls, and as if someone, somewhere, had sensed where her thoughts travelled, a letter shot out of the chimney.
Her slender hand snapped out and caught it mid air. Being the world's top quidditch part-time seeker had its perks.
Before she could open it, it popped out of her hand and hovered above her face, shifting itself to form a mouth and delicate paper teeth.
"Dear Miss Auxuère, I provide a word of caution. The contents of this letter are not to be shared with any other witch or wizard, especially those of younger ages."
She arched a dark brow at the letter, and it continued,
"We at Hogwarts hereby invite you to participate in a complex spell on school grounds. Unfortunately we cannot offer great detail, but we can say that the charm is strictly for Witches and Wizards whom are of age. You will hear more upon your arrival, but for your preparation, the spell involves themes of love and fertility. Please arrive on the grounds within the week if you wish to participate and join your classmates!"

The letter was oddly cheerful, smiling broadly before shivering and returning to its natural state of thick but still parchment. Ryn tilted her head at the letter and gently set it down on her fireplaces edge.
The dark brick seemed to warm under her touch. It was enchanted, you see. Her whole apartment was warded, so only those she granted permission could enter.
She chewed over the letter's message as she turned away and collapsed onto her living room couch, which was placed just in front of the fireplace itself.
A small bell chimed, and she smiled brightly as her cat, Ravioli, jumped onto her lap. She was a rather fluffy and plump serval cat, and she rolled onto her back for Ryn.
The witch smirked and picked up her pet like she would an infant, and gently scratched her head.
"I've been invited back to school, ravioli. Can you believe it?"

The cat only purred in response.
"I'll see everyone...but its for a spell. And the invitation was so discrete, only going to 'of age witches and wizards' I'm guessing it's sexual, somehow, considering the letter said something about romance. How curious."
Ravioli's tongue slightly stuck out of her mouth, and Ryn's heart swelled. Out of nowhere the subject of the Weasley's came into mind.
Over the past year she'd received many invitations from Mrs. Weasley to attend family events or perhaps even simply stay over for a few nights.
She'd ignored every letter, and felt terribly guilty for it. But she simply couldn't face the Weasley's again. After the battle of Hogwarts, she had not seen them.
Though, before that, the red haired clan had been a second family to her. She missed them terribly. And if she went to this so-called love spell back at school, she'd see the twins, because she'd been in their year. They would be invited as well.
Her gut twisted.

Ravioli opened her large eyes and peered up at ryn, emitting a mewl of worry. Ryn sighed through her nose and gently played with her cats soft fur.
"I know, Ravioli, I'll have to see him- them- I mean."
Another mewl from the beast.
"But, Hogwarts wouldn't send me a letter if they didn't need some kind of help. And how could I turn them down? After everything they've done for me..."
The cat let out a meow of surprise and jumped away as ryn suddenly stood up, turning and making for her bedroom.
"Alright, I will go. Thanks for the talk, buddy."
Ravioli narrowed her eyes and flicked her ear, clearly annoyed that her pats were now over.