The third Mansion

On a nearby hotel, a blue portal showed up, curling to the exterior as it enlarged in size. Two figures fell, one on top of the other.

"Ȍ̷̡͖̿̃ǘ̶̔̀c̸̏͌h̷̬͓̑!̷͖̙̈́" Chara yelped. His eyes closed in instinct to avoid the impact, even if it wasn't his hands that hit the floor. When he opened them, he saw Betty below him. It was strange, how close they were. His arms were at each side of her head, tense. Their breathing was deep but slow. Betty remaining trapped in between the two arms. A bit of pain on her back side when she fell but a strange feeling on her stomach. Oh, right. She hadn't eaten souls in a while. Nevertheless, when she was debating whether or not eat Chara's soul, he backed away.

"C̷͓̯̍̎̓̾͝o̶͂̆̕̚m̴̢͔͙̓̾͑̇e̸ ̶́͛̍ȏ̴̝͓͕̬̿ń̵̨̛̠̦͊.̵̒͌̌̈́̆́͘" Chara whispered. He stood up and gave her his hand, which she took quickly. Pulling her up, she found herself back in his arms. His grip tight on her hands to help her keep balance. This time, unlike at Riders or the Olympics, there was no fear felt in Chara's mind or soul.

She expressed doubt on her eyes. Chara laughed akwardly and let go of her, giving a fake cough.

--

They looked around, a bit blinded by the bright light of the moon. Nevertheless, they grew amazed by the sight in front of them.

A tall, white and gold hotel. Its contrast shone above anything else, breaking the dark colors of its sorroundings.

"Ì̷̛̟̋̉͠ț̴̱̀̊'̸͑s̸͐ ̷͓̠͂̌̀͐̕b̸̀́͂ē̸̛̛̒̊ạ̸̿̋̆̎ụ̴̎̏͘t̶͎͂͆̅̚͠ĭ̷f̵͐ú̸̠̲͑l̴̃̌͌͗" Betty gasped. Chara nodded. Then he summoned his papers.

Mansion. That's strange. This is a hotel... Called The Last Resort...

Betty kept looking at the hotel, until she spoted a green aura emerging from the top of the hotel.

She gripped Chara's arm and pointed to the top, where the green aura fell like fog, sorrounding the hotel until it's golden decor faded into a rough gothic green.

The extravagant hotel showed a monstrous appearance, of decayed structure and unnatural appearance. Betty could feel the souls, and she walked to the door. Even if Chara was calling out to her, she didn't listen. Nevertheless, she tried to push the tall doors to no avail. Someone had locked them from the inside.

She began to shove the door. A little force at first, and then brutal shoves. Her hair glew brighter. The cream of her hands shifted to a magenta as more strength was added. She only stopped when Chara pulled her back, to which she pushed him back with such force he collided with the decorative bushes, scratching his body with the branches and the thorns tearing his clothes and flesh.

"S̶̪͋̓͝t̶̠͋̿ȯ̵̙̝̩̂͘p̸̨̟̿̾ ̵̛͔͓̹͐̒̅̈́̄̏̃̕i̸͙̤͛̓̄̀̒̓̐͘̚ẗ̴͍́̍͑̋͌̕͘̕!̶̛͉̀͒̊͑͐̚͠" Chara snarled, summoning his Overwrite and pressing the button, glitching with a purple aura and appearing in front of Betty, healthy. Maybe a leaf on his shoulder but his clothes weren't torn and his skin was unharmed. He gripped Betty's shoulders and shook her back and forth.

"L̵̠͊͐̈́͘ḛ̴͗̔̒̎̎̀̚a̸̡̝̬̙͒͒̂͐͐͘͜ȑ̷̨̮̹̼̺̥̫̂ͅn̷̯̗̼̝͇̖͙̝̎͘ ̴̛̳̣̬͈̱͎̫͉̯͆͑̅̀͊͜ţ̶̺̮̗̲͖̼̻̖̅͊̋̈ő̴̧̰̻̥͈̳͒̐́͊̐̄̈́̄͝ ̵͖̈́̒̽̃c̴̢̼̹̤͉͂o̸̭̬͆͆̎̏͑̈́̐̑͂͛n̶͍͚͍̗̄ẗ̶̛̫͓́̃̒͂ȑ̵͚̤̼̥̣͊̈́ǫ̴̧̨̖̻̤̉̈́͆̓͛̄̕͘l̵͍͉̂̈͘ ̶̫̝͕͈̎̍̔̽̂y̷̹̺̤͇̤͚̟̐͌̆̀̊̈ō̵̱͇̙͔̣̤̟͉͛̌͊͛ͅu̴̪͗̉̔́̏̂͘̚͘̚r̷͚̙̓s̴̰̲̗̏́̃̑̇͐ȇ̶̱̖̑̃̀͘l̷͖̈̃̽̄͒͒f̷̱̱͂͂͌͋!̸̳̪̮̠̙̯̄͋̀̌͊̈̅̾̒̕" Chara snarled..

"̷̖̠̰̮̥̙͓̦͓̄̋́̀̀̽̍͜A̶͊̍̔ň̴̫̾̃d̷̼̟̳̫̣͓̥̱͍̹͗͛͗̀̚͠ ̶͖̪͔̖̮͕͇͎̅̈́͗̓̐̊̔̏̔́ͅw̶̡̡̹̺̮̳͔̺̘̞̃̉͑͑͘͝͝h̴̉ā̴̠̼͌̃͛̕t̸̼͍̥̘̀̇ ̷̗̜̜́̇̽̂̀̇͛i̷̫̯̹̳͕̓̍̿̐̕͝͝f̶̡̭̤̗̻͉̱͊̎̈͘̚ ̸̺͓͇͖̻̟̼̖̘͎͋̐I̴̜͉̲͉͍̬̠̘͙͖̐̅̾̈́̋̓̅̀͘͠ ̴̖̞̞͍̱͍̼̿͂̍͑̆͝dò̸̢͓̈̑͊̆̈́̆̌͑n̸̡̛͎̥̠͇̫͚̍̈̾͋̈͛̅̽͜͜'̷̢̩͂̅̕ͅͅt̵̗̘̅͛͗,̸͚̺̰͚̣͆͂͑́̄͐̕ ̶̗̦̾͌̌͂̚h̵͓̯̼̘̘̪̗͊͗̏͛m̷̘͙̦̮͈̜͉̋͛́̌̋̈́͆́m̶̖͇̣͔͓̌͂̔̉͌͌̾̕͠.̶̫̅͆̎͂͛̄͒͠.̴̗̟̞͎͍̈́̅̍͊.̵̣̲̬͌́̔̊̃͝ ̶̙̮̭̣̙̯̓̔̌͒̐̎̊̑̉̆W̶̃̔h̶̠̗͂͋̾a̴͕̣͇̅̉̏͛̍̑͝t̷̛̯̖̋̔͋̆͠͠ ̴̼̳̤͎̳̙͎͑͆̈̆̄̀̈́͆͠͝is̵̒͆̔̄̕ ̷̤̼̬̮̈́́̆͌̑͐t̸̩̜̞̣̒̉͘h̴̩̥̗̤̣͈̫́̎̓̀̾͂͂̑̆̚ę̴̞͇̱͙̠͍̊͆͜ͅ lḭ̶̧͕̠͋͜ṫ̵̡̞̳̌̌̂̀t̸̢̢͖̼͍̭̠͉̰́ͅl̶̩̣̰̪̝̐̾̇̎͐̋̒͜ͅé̴̬͕̠̻̜͓̜̪̩̑͐̓̀̽̈͂̋̕ ̴̧̱̠͒bo̶͐͗̄̾͘y ̷̢̟͚̗̏̿̅̑̈́̇̚̚͝to ̴̤̰̹̠̞̞̙̈́̋d̶̨̹͇̖̠͚͙̜̺̾̾̅̐͌ͅo̷̧̼̫̻̚ ̸̛̰̞̠͖̓͋̍͊̒̄͘͝t̶̖̟̘̝͔̝̩̰̰̍̉ȯ̶͖̩̼̺͓̬͖̭̂́̿͊́̀̕͘ ̷̛̯̮̮̙̄͆̾͌͒̄̊́c̷͉̝͖̟̾̌͝o̸͙̲͚̰̦͔̪̝̣̤̐̏̾́̃͝n̸̼͍̫͓̫͇͓̾͊ͅț̴̨̠̩͎̬͙̾a̶̧͖̯͚̱̻̜͉̳̰̎̄́̂̂̄̐͊̾̕ȋ̵̡̨͕̦̳̳̜̔̓̎̀̄ņ̷͉̤̜̥̜͓̮̠̮̆͌̍͊̂͗̓͐͠ ̶̓͗͗̾̒̀͐̈́͝a̸̡̱̩͑ mó̶nst̸ȇ̴̡͖̳̜̹̮̪͈̓͐̎͗̈́͗͝r̵'̶̝̉̄̂̀̚s̶̹̖̘̟̟̙͕̯̹̟̀̆̅̒̈͆͗͆͝͝ ̸͇̰̝̌̔̒͐́̀͋͘h̴̝̘̏͗̒̇ų̸̢̟͕͙͍̺̊͜͝n̷̬̩̳̞̳̼͋̓g̶̠͕̻̈́̃̌̓̌͒̒̓e̶̛͖̮̙͖̺͍̼̜̘̒̑͗̀̓͐̐̇̃ͅr?

Betty's taunt was strange. Yet it was a clandestine threat. A threat that was headed to Chara. The message was clear: She wanted his soul; to eat it.

And Chara knows it well. Hence, with a sigh, he summons his soul. The shifts between DETERMINATION and PERSEVERANCE happened without a pause. A fusion of two souls that never mixed. He stretched it to Betty.

"Ḫ̸͉̈́͒͂̈̉͆̂̕͝ẹ̵̞͌r̷͔̍è̶͙̩͑̐̚.̸̧̯̬͇͒̆̒͊̀́͠.̵̞̞͍̣̈̍̈́̈́.̴̩̥̞̓̒̑͑̆̾͠ͅ ̴͕̟̥̩̱͔̭͓̈́̔̅͑͂̾͝͠T̴̯͛̀̄̇̇̓̍̋͌̅á̷̢͈̳̙̠̤̊͊́̽̈k̴̙͋e̴̢̞̭̣̹̲̦̠͖͎̊͠ ̴̙̗͔͇̤̮̣̔̈̆̔͒̀̿̌̚͘ǐ̴͎̙̺̘̟̄̉̋̆̊̃̄̓̈́͜t̸̢̤̙̲̙̖̰͕̒̓͒̀̏̑͜͝" He said.

She looked at him.

Her hands stretched out and cupped the soul, that covered her full hand. She observed it and her clawed hands clutched the soul carefully. She pulled it to her. Her mind filling itself with a desire to consume the soul. So close to defeating her enemy, and yet... if she killed him, she wouldn't go back home.

But what is home? A corrupted land? Whilst, if she remained passing throughout the diversity of worlds, she would strike terror to all worlds? The decision was so easy to take and there she was, doubt overflowing through her dead, cold veins.

She let it go, floating undisturbed. To Chara's amazement, she gently nudged it forward. Kumu growled and snarled as Betty covered her face. It was angry at her. Of course it should be. However, Betty's choice was final.

"G̸̩̿è̶͉̃͆̆́̌̋ț̸̻̻̭̖̠́̃͒̎̇̽͊́̆̍ ̵̛̛͕́̐̇͑̕̚ͅi̵̘̔̒̈̃̾͆̉̀͂͝ţ̴̖̻͓̻̺̹̦̃̌̀ͅ ̵̙̥͒̈̉́̀ä̸̧̝̭̟̦͕́́̐̈́̎̆w̴͎͔͍̽̽̎̈́̀͋̀̀̌̑å̷̩͙̖̼̽͘y̸̡̡̞̭͓̮̯̫̿ ̴̠̫̫̬̍̉̊̈́̌̍̃̑͋̕f̸͖̟̺̹̙͈̈́̄͠r̴͚̠͕̭͍̹̹͛̈̃o̵̡͖̝̦͇̜̲̱̠̎͗̾͒̈́͘͘ͅm̷̛̫̟̺̬̺͍͕͙̭̈́̋̇̐̑͜ ̵̗͔̫̪̭̖̖̫̥͚̾͆͌͂̃̕m̵̳̍͛͆́͝ẹ̸̣̯̪͓͙͈̆͑̀̈́̋̐͐͜͝.̵̠̘̫̮̑̇̐͒̾͋̿̾ͅ" She growled.

Chara looked down, a bit ashamed and embarrassed. He took it back by cupping his hands around it and placing it before his chest. His face, as he looked down on it, expressed sadness. Nevertheless, he smiled as he looked up.

"I̴̖̒̌̽̑̌̈́ ̸̢̱͓̎̌͑͐̓͑b̷̟̖͉̦͎̃͛ę̵̺̤̔̏̄̓̍͛̈́͒̈́̏l̴̡͒̑̑̔́̔̄̾i̴ě̴͉̤͇͋̓̃̒v̶̛̻̳̗̫͋͆̾̔̚ë̶̟͎́̂ ̴͍̺̺͈́̎Ǐ̸̾̈́̍̾̉̄̚͘ ̶̨̞̼̼͇͉̠̪̖̽̐͒̉͛̐ṣ̷̉h̷̭̟͛͒̓̆̕͝o̷̧̙̘̺͎̥͆͒̍̊ư̴̛̤̒̔͆̔̄̕͝͝l̸ḑ̸̺̩̦̰̃͑ ̸͆̎̾̈́̉g̵̛̛͋͆͆̂̕͝e̵̛͛̀͂͗̀̃̂̚͝t̶̡̨̨͓̑̒̽̾͘͠ ̶̻͝ù̴͚ș̶̳͉̎̈́̀̃͆̕ē̸̲͎̓̆̚͘ḑ̷̡̠̤͚͋̆́̕̚ ̴̪̔̄̽̈́͑̈t̴͋̇͌ő̶̠̭͒̀ ̴̱̤́̔̆̈́̀͑̈b̵͙͌͐̉̋̌̚ͅê̶̠̗͠î̷͖̗̤̪̦̩͒̍͆̀͑͘̚n̵̲͈̿̐̾̾̀̈́͝ǧ̶̯̤
̵̼̠̰͑̊̈̐͆͠s̷̡̃̑urp̶̯̭͚̮̫̬͒̔r̶̨̠̺͍̈́̒̊͑͛̈͠͠ǐ̷̥̻̑̔s̷͉͑͂͊͛͛̅͝e̸̥̩̋̓͗d̵̢̦̞͉̞̈́̓̋ ̶̼̈͂͒b̶̯͕̽̇̊͂́͠͝y̶̛͓̖̘͖͕͂͒̅ ̵̧̫̘̹̯̘̗̥̑̑͑̈̄̽͌̾y̴̗̹̟̘̿o̸u̵̖͙̅̉͊͘. "Chara muttered.

Betty looked up, both her eyes showing. They glimmered with such intensity, glowing brighter than before. Her pink hair decreased to its natural place, this showing her calmness. This new discovery made Chara smile. He could get used to try and uncover the shell that Betty hid in.

Then, interrupting their thoughts, another portal appeared bellow them and, without anything to allow them to float, they were pushed down by gravity into another world.

---
Chara and Betty

The Black Knight: Calm
Riders: Effort
Olympics: Understanding
The Third Mansion: Learn