part 6

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I stood frozen in front of my classmates, before taking a heavy gulp of saliva and breathing deeply. "There's no turning back now." I sighed, my sore feet trudging over to the idolized hero. "One foot in front of the other, come on!"

"You can do this!" Ochako yelled out, the palms of her hands shielding the sides of her mouth and upping the great volume. As I approached closer to the pro hero, our distance in level and skill grew more apparent. He was taller than me, and the width-span of his maroon wings was equivalent to three of my bodies.

He looked down at me, squinting his golden eyes as he tried to read me. Little did he know, I was doing the exact same thing. All of his strategic and fighting prowess being stored inside of that intelligent brain of his. Glaring me down before we clashed, I tried to stand tall even though my knees didn't let me.

"The last kid, let's get this over with. Nice and easy." he thought, but I couldn't read any further than that. He told us that he knew the basics of our quirks, so this was according to his plan. Hawks was trying not to think, because he knew about my psychic power.

But there was more to my quirk that just mindreading and levitation. It wore me down easily, so I almost never used it, but I could teleport and sense alerts from all around my body. Usually I would've been nervous, since my entire class was watching. This time, though, it was just him and me.

"Alright, you ready?" he asked, spreading out all five of his fingers and boosting it up towards the sky.

"Maybe not ready, but I won't turn down from you just because you're a pro." I responded, my bare palm hitting against his gloved one. Electric sparks flew through the sky, or at least for me. Coming in contact with my idol, being so close to his breathing lungs and beating heart. It was a dream come true. "Bring it on, Hawks!" I yelled.

"I like your energy, kid!" he spoke, an instant zoom flying past my left side. My hair whipped over my neck, slapping against the surface of my skin as I lost him in the blink of an eye. All I could hear were the hisses and whistles from the manmade whirlwind, even the flapping of his wings were inaudible.

"From behind!" I thought to myself, sensing his feathers which were honed and ready to immobilize me. Ducking down, my slippery shoes skated towards the right. Nothing about me matched his incredible level, but our quirks were somewhat similar. Hawks' quirk allowed him to breath-feel-live through the crevices of his controllable feathers.

The whirlwind made it impossible to see, dust and pebbles swirling upwards in a chaotic tornado. My untied hair flew against my face, blocking my eyes. But I didn't need them, not when I had superhuman senses. With my eyes blinded and shut, I tried my best to stay focused and dodge his incoming attacks. "Breathe, (Y/N)."

"Just breathe!" I bashed myself, all of the distractions he made affected my head and digging into the innermost parts of my skull. I couldn't concentrate or direct any attacks during this mess, I had to leave, but to where? "Gotta teleport, painkillers are always an option."

"Hey, where'd you go?" he laughed, teasing my slow ability. I teleported behind the pro hero, my body weight being nothing compared to his build, which consisted purely of built-up muscle and strict diet. "I'm kidding." he turned, I fell right into his sick plan.

"There you are-"

Diving my head down, I swiftly wrapped Hawks' slender build within my tight grasp, tackling him onto the gym's dusty floor. Using the last of my depleted strength, I summoned all of the debris from his mess of a disaster and pointed the sharpest edges towards our fallen bodies.

In one surge, all of the rocks and cement chips came raining down on us, Hawks using his broad wings to shield our heads. Bruises and cuts scraped over my exposed arms, whimpers and quiet shrieks clawing their way out from the back of my hydrated throat. The choppy pieces of gravel and rubble bounced off his wings, Hawks protecting the rest of my warm body from getting bruised and hurt.

"Woah, kid. You've got some guts, sacrificing yourself just to take me down." he groaned, Hawks' muscular abs poking through his skin-fitting turtleneck bodysuit. "But it meant nothing."

"You've lost." he shook me off his chest, my head being attacked with intense migraines and aches. Using my quirk in great quantities tired me out, no matter how much training I received. Breathing heavily, I felt humiliated to pant like an overheating dog on top of his expensive clothes.

My legs wouldn't work, I couldn't stand, I just sulked my body and slumped over the uncomfortable floor. Banging my bleeding fist into the rough ground, I could hear my heart thumping rapidly through my ear canals. I felt like my lungs were about to give out, the artificial taste of painkillers becoming the only thing I wanted. The opening of my waterlines were clogged with dirt, the only thing I could feel being excruciating pain.

Easily pulling me off the ground with one of his subtle feathers, Hawks picked me up with ease and carried me in his comforting arms. I dangled my legs over his forearms, my limp body being supported with the help of his trained muscles. Hanging the back of my hand against my greasy forehead, my temperature had spiraled through the roof.

The rest of my class stared with their mouths hanging ajar, making way for us as he walked through, like a celebrity dominating over the red carpet. I stared up at Hawks' face, his sweaty temples that still looked so magnificent with dirt wiped over. Soon we saw light, the outside of Gym Gamma. I squinted my eyes, the powerful sunbeams seeping past my thin eyelids, making me boil.

"Where's your nurse?' Hawks asked, my chapped lips parted and bruised as I clung onto his dirtied jacket, my naked nails hooking into the professional stitching.

"Recovery Girl's office is straight down! She sets up branches around the school, so kids have easy access to medicine and aid." Iida yelled, his feet marching quickly as he dashed towards the two of us.

"Alright, well then." Hawks looked to the side, his face serious as he made a pathway in his head towards the infirmary. "Class dismissed."

"Have a good day."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; if i was in this situation id literally cry and drop out thats so humiliating to fail in front of your class

credit to: pnkt12345 on Twitter
words: 1147