part 12

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Holding up the silk dress that had once hung so limply upon a boutique mannequin, now the only separation between us was the top layer of my moisturized skin. I had been saving myself since morning, the minimal hunger pains I felt before now growing into a desperate growl for dinner.

I had never felt so ready, if you could even call it that. Anxiousness, worry, and a hint of excitement. Those feelings all bundled up inside me, the remembrance of Hawks' touch now more than just a friendly reminder. I was more excited for the food than his appearance at the restaurant, but I had to admit, I wondered what he had in store for me today.

He was the life of the party, always cracking jokes that made the entire room burst out into tears. With a humor like a god, and the mysterious identity behind his hero mask, I wanted to know more about him, and maybe this dinner night would be the key to just that.

Tossing around his makeup like beach volleyballs, I shuffled with and messed his vanity, as I locked him outside of the dressing room and quickly applied on whatever touchups I needed. Tonight I didn't feel like going to heavy, not like I did at all, but just a few highlights and glows to make my skin look better.

Adding to the surprise factor, Hawks and I decided to stay away from each other until the night. He ended up attending another modelling shoot he had later, so it's not like that choice made a big difference. I wondered what outfit he was going to show up in, maybe a suit?

Or maybe I'm just overdoing things, and I should wipe all of this junk off my face. Holding the damp makeup removal wipe and reaching it to my right cheek, I then stared at the mirror and stared at my reflection. "But I look-"

"So pretty.." I giggled to myself, placing the wet wipes back down.

I brushed a glimpse of my hair behind my ear, chuckling at the bold red color of my gown that added drama to the uncompleted look. With a long slit near my left leg, the romantic dress made me look like a goddess, its luxurious silk threads embracing my body with open arms.

Fitting to my figure, the dress accentuated my hips. It was a gift from Hawks, I wore it to all of the hero events he forced me to tag along to. After all of these years, it was still in perfect condition. Pairing the glimmering gown with a set of black stilettos, I tried my best to keep my balance as I wobbled back and forth.

I felt trapped in this giant penthouse, where no sounds dared to venture past the walls. It was always cold and silent, way up above the clouds. No room service ever stopped by, nor did any guests. It was entirely private and shut out to the public, making it the loneliest place I've ever been to or stayed at.

My world began to expand for miles without end, all of the possibilities to where we could be going taking me afloat. I wondered how we would be arriving there, walking or by taxi, or maybe even by limo. I tried not to shake, but nothing could suppress the tingly feeling in my knees that made me jump out of excitement.

Then it came, that awaited hum of the door's melodic chime. Hawks didn't need to ring, but he did so out of courtesy. Besides, this was his penthouse, not mine. One foot in front of the other, just like that day at Gym Gamma, I steadily walked over to the front door. "Who is it?" I asked, giggling.

"Come on, quit acting so noble!" Hawks laughed behind the heavy door, which had several layers of bundled security and locks. Peeking my view through a slight crevice, I squinted my eyes in a bad attempt at seeing his outfit.

"How was your shoot?" I asked, failing to see a glimpse of him. The only thing visible to me was the hallway, the long corridor filled with expensive pillars and decor. The carpet underneath my feet made it hard to tilt my body, the tall stilettos encasing my feet ready to slip off at any second.

"Man, I don't even want to talk about it.." he complained, exaggerated groans howling out of his throat. Unlocking the door, I cautiously slid my foot out of the crack and shut it behind me, my chest facing directly at Hawks.

His blonde hair was whisked the side, puffed and gelled to perfection. I instantly noticed the slight makeup on his face, which highlighted his perfect features and sharp jawline. The eyeliner which I had been trying so hard to perfect over the past few years was done beautifully, making him look like a god.

With lips that just looked delicious, and golden eyes that stared right into your core, I coughed up a storm as I hid away my mouth with a clenched fist. "Hah! Yeah, I could see why."

But the most noticeable factor to his completed outfit was a leather suit. It was probably custom made, one of a kind, made from the best tailor. The suit was dressed in red, almost matching the same shade as my dress. The stitching and fabric were made with a purpose, so that each of his features were displayed like flashy diamonds in a jewelry store.

Hawks' shoulders appeared sharp and broad, his fancy tie done by professional hands. He looked at me with a smile, knowing that he was dressed to the maximum. Now, even I felt as if my outfit wasn't enough. This was only dinner, yet we had shown up like it was the last night of our damn lives.

With a smug grin on his face, and a wink in his eye, Hawks finally asked. "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I nodded.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; HEYYYY ITS CHRISTMAS BREAK

also!!! last night we had a snowstorm so i'll drop a few pictures below (along w/ some of my friends)

credit to: nikunikukun_ on Twitter
words: 1041

credit to: nikunikukun_ on Twitterwords: 1041