Danger in Fiction (Part 2)

Summary: Mark is a new Ego and doesn't quite know the danger of people from the woods.

Warning: There are pairings between Egos in this, simply to make the household feel more like a family. The pairings are: Dr. Iplier x Host, Wilford x Dark, and Bim x King.

-------------------------

The Host. One of the main 4. Why did these things always have to happen to him? He tried so hard to be good and stay out of everyone's way, but somehow he still ended up doing something wrong. His heart hurt. Mark knew he'd probably just thrown out any chance of befriending the other Egos. He was going to be alone and ignored again. The thought had him burying his face in his hands; he didn't want to face his life. His shoulders shook in silent sobs as he waited for Dr. Iplier to come back.

"-don't know much other than that," Dr. Iplier said as he opened the door. Following close behind was the Host and, Mark flattened his ears when he heard the familiar ringing, Dark. "Mark, move your hands and look up. Host needs to see the bands." When Mark didn't move immediately, the doctor snatched his wrists away from his face, making Mark jump and flinch back. Mark bit his lip to try and stop any pathetic sounds from escaping him while Dr. Iplier held his wrists out for Host to run his fingers over.

After a moment Dark huffed impatiently, "So? Does this give Author a leak into the mansion?"

The Host took a little longer to respond as he brushed his hands over the band around Mark's throat, "The only influence the Author has is over these bands. There is no way for him to get a foothold on anyone else. Even Mark will not be affected outside of what the bands can do."

Dr. Iplier hummed, putting a hand to his chin in thought, "Well that's still not good. Better than it could be, but the bands are on lethal parts of Mark's body. We already know it can shock him. If Author isn't careful, he could kill him."

Mark stiffened and whimpered at the words. He could die? Were . . . Were they going to let him? Mark felt more tears dribble down his cheeks at the thought that they were so tired of him that they would use his mistake to teach him a permanent lesson.

"-ark! Mark! Hey listen, we aren't going to let that happen okay." Dr. Iplier was shaking the hybrid's shoulders and patting his wet cheek lightly. Mark had turned dangerously pale at his words. He hadn't meant to scare him like that, though some petty part of his mind thought Mark deserved the scare for endangering all of them. King and the Jims were terrified of Author and now they had more Egos who could be potential targets. "We'll go see Google and have him try and cut these off. There are plenty of Egos who could try if he fails."

Dark sighed and began to walk out of the clinic, "I'm going to update Wilford on the news. We might need to hold a meeting." He looked back at Mark, who was staring at the floor, tears still slowly going down his face. "Try and keep him out of trouble," Dark snarled.

Mark fought a sob. He didn't want to be more pathetic than he already was. Iplier gestured for him to hop off the table and follow him. The Host joined them to make sure the bands didn't react negatively to being tampered with. That was one of the worst parts of Author's powers; Host couldn't use his Foresight on anything to do with it.

Mark kept his hands tucked to his chest, fingers trembling in fear. The bands had gone from scary inconvience to ticking time bomb with a timer no one knew. Mark couldn't help but feel like he was being paraded around to show his shame. He'd already pulled his sleeves back over the bands but in this house, word traveled fast. Everyone would know that he'd been an idiot that had trusted Author, who seemed to be someone everyone else knew was bad. He had already scrubbed the tears off his face to try and have some sort of brave face. Coughs were forcing their way out of his sore throat though, betraying how much he'd cried.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 13, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Hybrid Markiplier One-Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें