Intimidating Hunter

Jungkook stretch the bow, one eye shut to keep his vision on the pray before him clear. He sits on the first branch of a towering old tree with his legs muscles tight and body balanced.

Not much time ago, he had spotted a group of wild rabbits and without a second being passed he had set his goal. He was careful to not make a single sound which would lead the rabbits to hear his presence and run away. His one arrow was set on two of them and like the quote itself said, kill two birds with one stone.

He would not be able to take down all of them since the instant he hunted the two, the others will bounce away before he could take out another arrow. The rabbits were smaller in shape and size but he at least got two of them to take back.

A breath is passed before he release the arrow, the sharp stick springing to life as it flew to take life. Just as he had predicted, the arrow did not cease his expectations and in no time, he was carrying two rabbits to the hut.

He looks around to make sure of his surroundings before pushing the door open and entering the hut. The smell of something mouth watering brewing hits his nostrils and he turns his gaze towards the open kitchen where he knew he will find the female of the house.

As expected, she had her back turned to him, humming softly as she stirs the pot. Jungkook blinks, his eyes trailing down her long hair that fell over her shoulder in a silk curtain.

Of course she will be the one behind that delicious smell that is currently making his stomach rumble. Her food is the best he have had in years after being forced to live with the northern.

"I am back.." He softly whispers, hand carrying a bag than lays his hunt. The female's shoulders tense up at his sudden defuse of words and she turns around to meet eyes with him.

Jungkook reads her surprise expressions and brings the bag up where she can see it. "I hunted two rabbits."

The female blinks before nodding, her soft voice tickling his eardrums. "Thank you.."

Jungkook walks further inside the hut as she talks a few slow steps towards him and takes the bag from his hand. "I am sorry, this is the only i could get. It was getting late outside."

She shakes her head, eyes not daring to meet his one bit. He stops a frown from forming. Does he really look that intimidating? "These are enough." He never heard her voice raising more than a whisper. Maybe it is how calm she is, or maybe they are so forced to keep quite up here that she now talks like this.

"Where is Mr. Min?" He questions quietly, watching as she moves back to the point where he can not smell her anymore. He does not bother moving a step back.

"He is sleeping." She answers, putting down the bag of hunt he bought on the ground.

He hums, nodding slowly as he continues to stare at her. She visibly tense up further when he does not move back from his place. Her sudden nervousness was shown with the way she starts abusing the tips of her fingers with each other, strands of hair curtaining her face.

She gnaw her bottom lips, body moving to the side as she feels her legs starting to shake. She refuse to look at him. Not when she knows how much he towers over her. This is the world of men and they scare her to her core.

He snaps himself back to reality and slowly backs away. His gaze flies away to the side from her when he realize how more uncomfortable he made her. He sigh, turning around and walking back towards the worn out sofa where he puts down his arrows and takes off his shoes.

He rolls his shoulders and snap his neck left to right to crack his muscles. The beat that soldier has given him still impact some of his bones. Good thing Mr. Min came at the right time, or he would be in a worse condition. That man would not hold back from what he really wanted to do with him. It sends shivers down his back as he thinks of where he would end up if that soldier really accomplished his dirty deeds.

"I left warm water in the bathroom." Her sudden diffuse of words brings him back from his negative thoughts and he turns his head toward where she still stands small in the kitchen.

He blinks a few times before understanding what she said. "Thank you." He nods, getting up from his place and walking towards the bathroom.

Hot water trail down his bare body, making him shut his eyes close and release a long breath. His thoughts still plays with him. So he drowns himself in more water, letting the floral scent her bath has left behind to calm him down.

---------------------

I'm so glad I'm active with this book. And hopefully I'll stay this way. This book has a long way to go. Calm before the storm indeed. Also, these two are so freaking soft and fluff. Like I'm melting just thinking about their chemistry in the future. You guys will love them together.

Leaving a review on this book would be really appreciated. I need to know what you guys think. Leave lots of love in your way.

💜