found

{Thank you to a Special Supporter, who really helped me brainstorm this chapter! I really appreciate the help and it really brought the chapter together! Enjoy everyone!}

I remembered everything.

I don't know how.

I just remember waking up to see his deep eyes the color of soil after a rain storm and I knew I had seen them before.

Not because we worked together.

I knew I had stared at these eyes and watched how they sparkled when he laughed. I knew I had watched the light fade from them when he was sad. I knew I had gazed so deeply into his dark, alluring eyes until everything else faded away.

And I knew I loved him.

My instincts had kicked in automatically as I flipped Fluke over and pinned him to the bed, a shocked expression on his face.

But seeing Fluke's face so close to mine, smelling his familiar scent, brought back a wave of memories that overwhelmed me. It was as if a light had switched on.

I remembered his scent, his touch, his everything. I couldn't help myself as I closed the distance between us and crushed my lips to his.

At first I wasn't sure how he would react, but then I felt him accept my kiss and had a glimmer of hope. I never could have imagined how much my heart could ache for someone I didn't even know I had lost, but now that I had found him again, it felt even more dear to me than anything I could have ever kept. 

I craved more as he ran his hands through my hair and I tried to burn my fingerprints into his skin, but then I felt Fluke freeze beneath me and both of his hands on my chest pushed me away to sit up.

I watched his eyes flash from hope to confusion to pain and it broke my heart. I wanted to hold him, to tell him that I was here, that I remembered everything, but he slid away from me.

"Ohm...this...us...we can't. Not like this."

I tried to stop him, but he turned and hurried from the room before I could say anything. Not like this? What did he mean? Was it because he didn't know my memories were back? Or because I was still a little intoxicated from our night out with our friends?

I had to go talk to him, but something caught my eye and made me freeze in my tracks before I could walk through the door: a blood red piece of paper sticking out of the pocket of my jacket that hung by the door. The same blood red papers we've been following a trail of for months. I reached for the paper with shaking fingers and opened it.

When you remember, come find me.
Alone.
You know where.
Don't tell anyone.
I'll kill him.

-B

The words made my blood run cold. The note was slipped into my pocket sometime between the accident and now. B must be closer than we thought. They must know that we've been getting close to solving this case. They must know how close I am to Fluke. I know too much and that's why we were hit. That's why I can't tell anyone I have my memories back. B needed me. As a pawn in this game they were playing. And if I don't play, Fluke will die. I had no choice.

A week later, I knew right were B wanted to meet: the park where everything started.

Somehow, Fluke figured out where I was going and followed me even though I had tried everything to avoid him. Which is how our argument started and how I ended up saying anything and everything just to get him to leave. I knew B had to be watching me and saw Fluke follow me, even though I was told to come alone. It pained me to tell him I didn't need him when it was the biggest lie I could have ever told, but I was desperate for him to go before anything happened.