Chapter 4

THIRD PERSON

It has been 3 weeks since the accident. Nikki's friends always came to check her at the hospital almost everyday. Her room was always filled with sounds of cries everytime she had a visitor.

Unfortunately Nikki broke her left leg and also fractured her left arm. The amount of blood lost had been stabalised. Bruises had formed all over her body and only few bruises managed to dissappear before she woke up. Towards the end of the third week, Nikki woke up on a Thursday, her mother and some of her friends were visiting her on that day.

They were all sitted quietly and Nikki slowly opened her her eyes. A small grunt escaped through her mouth and everyone's attention was now on her.

The first words she managed to say were "mum, where am I?" in a low whisper. Her mother went to hug Nikki and an endless amount of tears of joy rolled down her cheeks.

Nikki's friends were happy and relieved. Doctors came into the room and checked if Nikki would be able to leave the hospital the next day.

Nikki's POV

I woke up and saw that my friends and family were in my room. I did not understand anything and decided to ask my mother where i am. My voice only came out as a low whisper which i was very sure nobody heard. My mother was the first one to look up at me and she came running towards me and gave me a big hug. I could feel her tears going down her cheeks. My friends were also suprised and happy, they started crying tears of joy.

Doctors rushed into the room and started checking if i was alright. I was also told how i ended up in the hospital. Only at that time i noticed that my leg and arm were covered in badages.

Luckily i could go home the next day and spend the next week resting. My parents and brother came to fetch me from the hospital the next day and when i arrived home i found my favourite food placed on the table and some desserts and drinks. Looking at the food made my stomach grumble. My mum chuckled when she heard my stomach grumble and told me that it was all mine. I quickly sat at the table and began to eat. My brother was laughing at my reaction to all the food that was there. Hospital food was not the best and only then did i realize how terrible jospital food is.

Half an hour later my mum told me that my friends are about to arrive. Just a few minutes after that there was a knock at the door. I quickly wore my hoodie because i was insecure about all the bruises i got from the accident.

They told me everything i had missed at school and also told me how much they missed me. The week ended pretty quickly, all i did was watch tv shows and some movies in netflix. Luckily my friends visited everyday and told me every single thing that happened at school.

_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

It was now time for me to go to school. I arrived 10 minutes before the first lesson starts. I easily found Amber at her locker and went up to her. She gave me a long tight hug. She wrapped her hand around my arm and took me to my first class.

People stared at me everywhere i went which obviously made me uncomfortable. I tried ignoring all the comments people said behind my back and all the requests to be my friends.

During breaktime i was sitting with all my friends as usual. We were just chilling as if nothing has happened and then Camilla approached us. She asked me if i am enjoying my new life as my true identity. I got really offended and did not say anything back mainly because i did not have a good comeback.

My friends tried defending me, mostly Amber and Dustin because they are more confident than the others. I got tired of all the commotion and stood up and walked outside because i just wanted some fresh air.

When i was still walking through the hallway, Jace, who was the leader of the so-called bad boys approached me. He started asking how i was feeling and why i let people get to me so
easily. He finally noticed that i wasn't going to answer his questions and kept quiet. Instead of going back inside the school he continued walking beside me. I sat on a bench nearby. Suprisingly Jace also sat down next to me. I was getting curious and wanted to know why he is suddenly so nice to me.

I looked up at him and noticed that he was staring at me. He had a large smirk on his face, when he saw that i was finally looking at him, i immediately looked down. During the small glance i took, i noticed that he had greyish-blue eyes. His skin is kinda pale and he is also really really mascular. There are many rumours that his father is a mafia leader also so i was nervous around him.

I obviously didn't believe any of the rumours but i also tried to avoid any interactions with him although he was in most of my classes. I asked him in a low voice why he was talking to me.

All he said was "i do not like seeing people being mistreated, especicially girls since they are delicate and sensetive people who are harmless even though other girls are ruthless" i was surprised at everything he said because all the things he said were completely different from what people said about him.
"Ok. Is that all?" i asked shyly. "Yeh, i guess thats all" he answered with a small smile. Since i was bored I asked him more questions. "Are the rumours about you true" i asked innocently. He looked at me for a long time and than he just stood up and told me that after school he is going to take me out and he wont take no for an answer. Before i could say anything he left. The school bell rang soon after that and i went to class.

..........................................................
..........................................................

Hi guys, sorry for the late update.
I was distracted by reading other books which made me forget about my own book.