Chapter 9

Gill Events Office:

Shehnaaz was sitting in her office and was going through some files when someone barged in her cabin without knocking.

She instantly looked up and saw a very angry Mahi walking towards her and a helpless Jay following her.

Mahi: Shehnaaz Kaur Gill!!!
(She almost shrieked)

Shehnaaz: arey Mahi di aap yaha kaise?
(She said trying being all innocent)

Actually Mahi is asking her to come to meet her from  last 1 week but because of her schedule Shehnaaz could not meet her.

Mahi: ab tere pass toh time nai hai milne aaneka toh mujhe hi ana padega na..

Shehnaaz: arey di sachi bahut kaam tha.. warna mai aa jaati na

Mahi: Shehnaaz free time nai hota sabke pass.. time nikalna padta hai.

Shehnaaz: di sorry na..ab aise taane toh mat maaro
(She whinned)

Mahi (being all serious): tere sorry bolne se last 1 week mai jo b hua woh badal jayega?

Shehnaaz: haaye di aisa toh kya hua?

Mahi: ab kuch time may mai Jay and tere se zyada kisi aur se pyaar karungi.. actually pyaar ki shuruwaat toh ho gai hai..
Yahi batane bula rahi thi tujhe mai 1 week se.

Shehnaaz's eyes immediately teared up.
She could not believe that her Mahi di is gonna love someone else more then her.

Looking at her state Jay went and pulled her into his brotherly embrace.

Jay: Mahi yaar kya bol rahi hai.. rula dia bachi ko
(A sad sigh left his mouth)

Mahi: Maine juth thodina bola Jay.. ab jo hai woh hai..
(She shrugged her shoulders with a playful smirk)

Shehnaaz (now full on crying): di aisa kaise kar sakte ho aap?
Mai toh aapki choti behen hu na?
Aap aise kaise kisi aur ko pyaar karoge?
Kon hai woh mujhe batao.. maine jaake muh tod dena hai uska.. aise kaise merese meri Mahi di ka pyaar lay lenge?
Batao kon hai woh?

Mahi: teri niece ya nephew

But.. humari bholi Shehnaaz ko kaha kuch samjhega...

Shehnaaz: hein? Meri koi niece ya nephew toh hai hi nai.. toh aap usse pyaar kaise karoge?
(She said in a duh tone)

Jay: Shehnaaz.. meri choti baby.. nephew ya niece hai nahi abhi par aa toh sakte hai na? Future mai?

After thinking for an eternity she realized what both Jay and Mahi were trying to say.

Shehnaaz: 1 min.. nephew ya niece in future...
You mean Mahi di you are pregnant???
(She said all excited)

Mahi: hahahaha...haan meri jaan I am pregnant.. tu maasi bannewali hai !!

Shehnaaz: haaye Mahi di aise seedha seedha bolo na.. aise daraya kyu?
Khushi dene ke bajay aisa shock dey dia.

She ran towards her and hugged her tightly and cried more.

Mahi: Shehnaaz abhi tune hi bola na that khushi ki baat hai.. par ab tu kyu ro rahi hai?

Shehnaaz: di khushi ke aasu hai

Jay, Mahi, Pammi ji, Ria and Marie Aunty were the only people she had whom she called family after the death of her parents.
These people had supported her as a family in her bad times.
She was Mahi and Jay's 1st baby.

Shehnaaz: haaaye di mai baho zyada kush hu..  aapko mai bata nai sakti..
Chota baby ayega... wow..
(She said like a kid which she was)

Mahi: haan mera 2nd baby ayega

Shehnaaz was happy that even after the news of her own child Mahi still considered her has her 1st baby.

Shehnaaz: aapko kab pata chala di?

Mahi: last week hi malum pada.. isiliye toh tujhe bula rahi thi milne.. Jay ke baad sabse pehle tujhe batana tha.. mere in laws ko kya mere parents ko bhi nahi bataya ab tak.

Shehnaaz was so overwhelmed that her tears were not not stopping..
The love the warmth she receive from Jay and Mahi was fluttering her heart.

That's when Siddharth entered her cabin.
Seeing tears in her eyes he panicked

He took long strides towards her and cupped her face in his palms and asked her

Siddharth: kya hua baby.. tu ro kyu rahi hai?

He wiped her tears with his thumbs

Shehnaaz: haaye Siddharth yeh khuski ke aasu hai..

Siddharth was relieved listening to this.

Siddharth: oohh thank God.. ab bata aisa toh kya badi news hai that made you cry?

That's when Jay and Mahi cleared their throats making Shehnaaz and Siddharth realize that even they were present in the room.

Mahi: ahem? Yeh kon hai Shehnaaz?

Jay: haan Shehnaaz and how is he coming in your cabin without knocking?

Siddharth stiffened.
He was not linking their questions.
He is not answerable to anyone on why was he in his baby's cabin.. because it was his right to come and meet her anytime.

Siddharth was about to snap but Shehnaaz knowing his mind set replied before him.

Shehnaaz: emm Mahi Di.. jiju yeh Siddharth hai.. friend hai mera.. milne aya hai..

Listening to Di and Jiju he relaxed but the friend tag did not sit well with Siddharth.
He was .. emm.. disappointed?
But the question was still there that what were they?
Even he did not have any answers for it.
He knew that Shehnaaz was obviously not "just a friend" for him.. she was special very special.
He had claimed her "mine" in his mind on multiple occasions but then brushed it off giving stupid logics.

But when today Shehnaaz introduced her as a friend he did not like it.
He did not want to be her friend.. he wanted to be her everything.
He had decided yes !

He was so lost in his thoughts that Shehnaaz had to shake him a little to bring him out of his thoughts.

Shehnaaz: kaha kho gaya Siddharth?

Siddharth: haaan? Kahi nahi bolna kya hua? Kya bol rahi thi tu?

Shehnaaz: offo Siddharth mai bol rahi thi that yeh Mahi di hai and yeh Jay jiju hai.

Siddharth nodded and shook hands with both and gave them his charming smile.

Siddharth: toh di and jiju se mili toh roneka? Aisa?

Shehnaaz: arey nahi Siddharth.. mai isiliye nai royi..  Mahi di pregnant hai Siddharth.. mai Maasi bannewali hu bahut jaldi...
Itni khushi ki baat pe aasu toh ayenge hi na..

Siddharth immediately congratulated the couple with a side hug but Jay hugged him properly and whispered in his ear

Jay: she is very innocent and naive. Uske face se smile nai jaani chahiye kabhi bhi.

He left Siddharth and smiled towards Shehnaaz.

Siddharth was happy that Shehnaaz was so important to them that even when they were sharing the news of their 1st child he was concerned about Shehnaaz's smile.

Siddharth just blinked at Jay like agreeing to him and he himself made a promise that he was never make the smile disappear from her face.

We will see that Shukla ji.. very soon..

-‐----------------------------------

Done for the day !
See you tomorrow 😁