(chapter one) The First Night

Larry Daley stood in confusion as the three old men left the museum. He looked at the manual that had just been handed to him. The instructions were quite confusing. Almost as if the exhibits were real.

He walked back to the desk and put the manual down. He sat down and looked through some pamphlets when he noticed the speaker phone.A grin grew on his face while he picked it up.

"Hello?", his voice echoed through the museum.

"it's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight, rising up to the challenge of our rivals!", he sang into the speaker.

But eventually he got bored of singing, his throat was starting to hurt as well. So he leaned back in his chair and fell asleep within minutes, waking up less than an hour later because he fell out of his chair. He stood up and put the phone back into it's place.

While walking to the bathroom, he noticed the giant t-rex skeleton was missing.

"Cecil?", he frowned as he walked closer to where the skeleton once stood.

"Okay Cecil, very funny! What is this? Like a David Copperfield thing?", he moved his hand through the space. "That's weird.."

Then he heard it, the water fountain. He slowly turned around the corner to see the t-rex drinking from it. Dropping his flashlight out of shock.

Responding to the noise, the t-rex turned to Larry and roared. He began to scream and run away, the t-rex closely following him.

He ran back to the entrance and tried to open it, but it wouldn't. To hide before the t-rex returned, he jumped over the desk and sat down with his back against it.

He grabbed the phone while the t-rex pushed against the desk.

"Name please?"

"Cecil! Cecil Fredricks!"

"One moment.....Connecting"

"Yellow!", Cecil's voice came from the phone.

"It's Larry Daley!"

"Yes Larry, how can i help you?"

"The dinosaur! The dinosaur is alive!"

"I'm having a little trouble hearing you, friend."

"The dinosaur is alive! Please tell me what to do!"

"Read the instructions! It explains everything"

Larry managed to grab the instructions from the floor. "Okay, I got 'em!"

"I'll see you tomorrow", Cecil hang up the phone just as the dinosaur picked up the desk and threw it away.

"Number one, throw the bone", Larry read from the manual.

The dinosaur dropped a giant bone on the floor. He carefully picked it up and threw it as far as he could.

With the t-rex chasing it, Larry ran the other way. But was joined by the dinosaur before he made it. It dropped the bone, wanting him to throw it again. The dinosaur behaved almost like a dog, playfully shoving the bone towards Larry.

"....Fetch", now it hit Larry. He picked up the bone as the t-rex exitedely waited for him to throw it again.

He threw it away and it chased it. The tail hitting him and knocking him over in the process. Different kinds of animals joined him in the hall as Larry's jaw dropped. "No way..."

He made it to the gaint Easter Island head. "You give me gum-gum?", it asked.

"I give you gum-gum?", he repeated, confused by everything that is happening right now.

"you new dum-dum, you give me gum-gum"

"I'm sorry, I have no gum-gum. And my name isn't dum-dum. My name is Larry""No, your name dum-dum"

A loud war yell could be heard in the distance."Ohhhhh. You in trouble dum-dum. You better run-run from Atilla the hun-hun"

The one making the noise came around the corner. He pointed at Larry as their target and came running after him.

As fast as possible Larry ran to the elevator. Desperately pushing the button trying to get it to open.

Luckily it did in time and he got it, pressing the button for it to close. But Attila managed to tear it open using his axe. He wasn't strong enough to hold it open as the elevator began to move and he hit his head, he let go. And Larry was safe for now.

"what is happening?", he mumbled to himself as the calm elevator music played in the background. He got to the ground floor, entered a room and closed the doors behind him.

He noticed a woman standing behind glass and walked to her. "hey, how you doing?"He tried to pronounce the name written on the board below her. "The glass", Sacagawea said. "I can't hear you". She signed to her ear.Due to the glass, Larry couldn't hear her either.

"I'm Larry. What's going on? Do you know what's going on here?"

Before she could answer, a loud scream from the Huns came from behind the doors. Larry fell down and before he even realized it, was in the middle of a crossfire. He crawled away so he wouldn't get hit, got up and ran into the hallway.

He took the manual out of his pocket.

Lock up the lions or they'll eat you.

He walked right into the Africa exhibit, seeing what the instruction meant. He locked the door behind him and tried to move passed the animals to the other exit. "Hey, I'm the new guy. Just locking up", just before a lion could get him, he left the exhibit and closed the gate. He held it together by hand while looking for his keys, which were gone.

Double check your belt, the monkey probably stole your keys.

"Monkey...Where is the-", he cut himself off when he noticed Dexter clinging to the gate."hey Dexter, you wanna give me the keys?", he held his hand up to the monkey.The monkey began to climb down. "Oh, what a good boy. Thank you Dexter"
When he reached for the keys, the monkey bit down on his nose and refused to let go. Larry had to rip himself apart from the animal, but he did get the keys. When he went to lock the door, he noticed his back getting wet. He looked up to see Dexter peeing on him.

"Ew! Yuck! Bad monkey!", he moved away. "are you done? Becaus ethis is not right. When I have a problem with someone I don't just pee on them!"

Dexter just gave him a quite amused look, which annoyed him. "let me tell you something-", he got cut off by Dexter swinging by and grabbing the manual from him. Larry sighed and held out his hand. "this is not funny! I know what you're thinking, but don't. Don't do it, not a good idea"Dexter began to rip the manual and with the lions, Larry had no way to get it.

All that was left was a small scrap.