(chapter 3) Return To the Museum

Genevieve walked into the miniature exhibits in search of Larry Daley. She had been looking all over for him. He appeared to be giving Jedidiah and Octavius a lecture. She waited for him to finish before joining him.

"Larry! I have been searching all over for you, I was almost afraid you didn't return. How did it go with Teddy?", she walked alongside him to the Africa exhibit.

"It's a lot more clear now why everything comes to life. So I made a plan and it's going great", Larry stopped at the gate of the Africa exhibit. Dexter was sitting in front of the gate.

"Oh hey Dexter, you want in?", the monkey climbed over his shoulder into the exhibit.

"Oh, what's that. You got my keys?", he said as the monkey held up a set of toy keys.

"Very clever", Genevieve complimented. She was quite impressed by his plan.

Larry closed the gate. "looks like uncle Larry pulled a fast one on little Dexy", he locked up the gate while childishly continuing to tease the monkey.

"Yes, very mature", she chuckled. "You know he's just a monkey, right?"

"A monkey that just got owned"

The two continued their way through the museum. Now stopping where Teddy was."Hey Teddy", Larry greeted him.

"Lawrence! I knew you'd come back!", Teddy patted his shoulder as he greeted him. Genevieve and Teddy exchanged nods as a greeting. "You look like a man on a mission", Teddy looked Larry up and down.

"Yeah, I'm gonna give it another shot", Larry nodded while Teddy looked back at where he was looking earlier.

Genevieve and Larry followed his gaze and noticed Sacagawea walking around behind the glass."Are you checking her out?", Larry asked with a grin growing on his face.

"The nerve", Teddys scoffed. "checking her out, I have never heard of such a thing"

"Well she is beautiful", Genevieve commented, not having taken her eyes off the girl.

"She's a handsome woman, I suppose", Teddy looked at her again through his binoculars.

"Maybe you should go talk to her?", Larry shrugged.

"Indeed! Bless ya lad, carry on", Teddy sighed while Larry and Genevieve left the room. He slowly approached her, but chickened out before he could form a sentence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genevieve waited outside of the guard's office while Larry got some stuff out of it. After he came out they approached the Huns. They immediately turned into action mode, so she pulled out her sword. But Larry calmed them down in time.

"It's okay, you guys speak any English?"

Atilla answered in a language neither of them could understand. "okay, I don't know what that means and I know that you and I kinda got off on the wrong foot last night. But a little birdie told me that somebody likes magic!"

Larry attempted to do some dumb magic tricks, until they catched on to one and declared him a fraud. So they grabbed him and tried to rip him apart. Before Genevieve could draw her sword, the Huns ran for their life.

At first she didn't understand, but then she saw all the animals coming down the stairs. Genevieve took Larry's arm and started running as well. They ran to the Africa exhibit to see who let them out.

Larry saw his keys were missing and looked up to see Dexter holding them. "How?", he mumbled. Dexter started running away and they immediately followed him all the way to the miniature exhibit. Where all of them were fighting.

"come on guys!", Larry carefully made his way to Jedidiah and Octavius. He snapped his fingers to make them stop fighting. "what's going on? What happened here? I thought that we had a deal"

"We will never co-exist with these bafoons!", Octavius exclaimed.

"We're passed words. Now it's time to let Smith and West do the talking", Jed held up his guns.

"Those guns don't even work", he laughed.

"Oh yeah? You wanna see?", Jed hit him in the face with a gun and their fight continued.Larry saw Dexter getting away with the keys and quickly hopped over the bench to get to him. Genevieve giving Jed and Octavius a disapproving look before following.

While following Dexter, Larry saw his plan falling apart before his eyes even more. The Neanderthals had set themselves on fire.

Genevieve grabbed the fire extinguisher and put out the fire while Larry kept following Dexter. One of the Neanderthals took some foam off of him and threw it at her. She sighed annoyed and went to wipe it off, then went to find Larry. But he was gone with Teddy already.