(chapter 2) Mini war

He sat down in defeat when he felt something sharp land in his face. A numb feeling took over his lip. He looked beside him to see a small army of tiny men with their weapons pointed at him. He managed to shield his face using his hand.

He stepped back when he heard singing. He walked closer to see tiny mine workers, distracting him from the people tying up his feet and pushing him over.

"Yeehaw!", a man called out. "Get him boys!"

A bunch of cowboys tied him up on the tracks. A mayor approached him. "Every night they send one of you boys to lock us up! I say it's been enough!"

"fire up the iron horse boys", the man from before called out.Larry looked to his right to see a small train approaching his face. "hey blondie!"

"The name's Jedidiah", the man answered.

"stop the train, please"

"no can't do. Somebody's gotta pay"

"pay for what?"

"I don't know, just pay!", Jedidiah yelled as the train came closer and closer.The train came right for Larry's face. "Okay that's enough!", he ripped himself free, only to see a tiny Roman army in front of him.

"Unleash hell!", their leader yelled. But just before they could fire, a voice called out.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! Hold your fire!", a woman entered the room. She was wearing a suit of armor and held a sword in her right hand. The entire army froze and looked at her as she came closer. "You are not going to attack this man today", she took off her helmet and threw it aside. "Go back to your exhibits and stop bothering this man before I chop all of you in half"

The army instantly obeyed, but the leader stayed behind. "Don't listen to her, attack!"

"The man could crush you with his feet, do you really want to piss him off with your tiny weapons?"

"No....Maybe a little"

"Go back to your exhibit and maybe he'll let you walk around next night"

He followed his army back to his exhibit and Jedidiah burst out in laughter.

"Yeah better retreat, leave it up to the real heroes!", he called out.

"You too, tiny cowboy"

"Yes ma'am", he tipped his hat to her.

The woman turned to Larry. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah....Thanks for that. Who are you?", he started walking along side her back to the main hall."I'm Genevieve, Genevieve DuPond. I led some army's to victory back in my days", she smiled. "One of the very few women that was allowed to fight"

"I'm Larry Daley, the new night guard"

"Fantastic, pleasure to meet you. Have you talked to Teddy yet? He'll explain you everything there is to know.", she grabbed Larry by his arm and led him to Teddy.

"Teddy, this is the new night guard, his name is Larry. Larry, meet Theodore Roosevelt. If you'll excuse me, I have to check in on Rexy", she smiled as she left the men to talk everything out.