𝚃 & 𝙺

"So if the value of a is 3^2 and b is 3/56, x isㅡ?"

"Why do we always need to look for x? Why not T or K?"

Tsukishima glared at the girl sitting in front of him.

Classes ended an hour ago and most of the students are either home, or stayed behind for their club activites.

As for Y/N, she managed to convince Tsukishima to help her review for their upcoming exams in the library.

They are both taking advance classes but with different sections. Students in these classes are mostly the ones who top the entrance exams or the overall rankings.

But being in part of these sections doesn't mean that they are perfect.

English, History, Science.

Y/N can ace them all. Except for one.

M A T H.

Every students' weakness and enemy.

Tsukishima has been trying to help Y/N with some of the problems on the mock exam he created. Well, all of them. But the girl is always distracted or will just space out whenever she sees numbers and letters, or just numbers alone.

"Why do we need to learn that? It's not like the cashier will tell us what's the formula to find the value of x for our purchase's total."

She reasoned out while doodling little dinosaurs and hearts on the sides of the worksheet he created just for her.

Kei tapped her forehead with the eraser of the pencil that he's holding while leaning on the table.

"Idiot. You need to learn that to pass your exam and graduate."

A soft thud vibrated on the table when Y/N slumped her head on top of it, whining in protest.

"But my head hurts already, Kei-kun~ I feel like my head is about to explode already. Can we please take a break?"

She rested her chin on the table as she lifted her head up to look at Tsukishima who resumed on doing his homework.

It also gave him time, regardless of the constant whining in front of him, to review for the exams since their team wants to prioritise their 1st and 2nd year's grades as their ticket to the training camp in Tokyo.

"Kei~ I really don't get this one. Why did you make it this hard to solve?"

"I'll just skip this one. This one too."

"Kei-kun. Can we get something to eat?"

"Kei-kun, why do I need to look for x again? I don't want to look for x~"

"I wanna have an apple juice~"

"I'm getting dizzy by just looking at these numbers~"

Y/N suddenly straightened up from her seat, flinching at the book slamming on the table before her. Uh oh.

Tsukishima stole the paper from her to inspect how far she is on the practice test.

Without a warning, Tsukishima flicked her forehead that's hard enough for her to yelp in pain and rub on the sore part.

With Kei pushing his eyeglasses up to pinch the bridge of his nose, he breathed out a heavy and exhausted sigh.

Aside from his handwriting, the paper is blank.

"You didn't even write your name..."

"I was so stressed out seeing the numbers I forgot to write it. Sorry."

Y/N chuckled carelessly while still soothing her forehead.

Heaving another sigh, Tsukishima started scribbling on the paper before sliding it back to her.

Instead of the usual a, b, and x, he replaced the letters with t, k and y in every equation then going back to the homework he's answering.

"Because you're such an idiot, if you pass your Math exam..."

He didn't need to finish his sentence when he saw the glimmer in her eyes looking at the mock test he modified.

She's always the kind of person with great concentration when she really want to and need to, except for this subject. Once she settled her mind on something, she'll surely make it work.

And she's definitely gonna ace this exam.

-----

"Kei-kuuuuun!"

The team just finished changing to their practice clothes and on their way to the gym when they heard someone calling out for the tall first year.

They stopped on their tracks including Kei, seeing Y/N jogging towards them.

Tanaka and Nishinoya gripped on their own chests by the sight of her smiling and waving towards them. She almost tripped on the way and it was too much for them to handle that kind of cuteness.

"Ryu, we're being graced by the gods today for passing our exams."

"Kami-sama, thank you. I'll definitely study harder from now on."

Y/N halted from running with a beam, bowing at the members to greet them before walking up to Tsukishima to show that she aced her Math exams. 95/100.

"Look! I passed it, Kei-kun!"

"Ah. Congrats."

Tsukishima deadpan greeted looking at the marked test paper he's now holding which broadened her smile.

"I'll be getting my reward, right?"

"Reward?"

From the paper, he shifted his gaze towards the short girl. It took him a moment before remembering their deal if she passed the subject she's struggling on.

Everyone's eyes widened in surprise and loud gasps can be heard from the team around them at the sudden scene in front of them.

Kei leaned down with a hand cupping the side of her neck as he kissed her before his members.

It was too sudden and only lasted for a couple of seconds that Y/N wasn't really able to react. Now getting aware of the eyes watching them that caused for her face to burn up.

"I-I'llㅡ apple juice!"

She run away in embarrassment. She wasn't expecting for that to be her reward. And in front of his teammates too.

Not that she doesn't like her reward anyway.

-----

While his bestfriend is silently and openly being cursed by some of their teammates, Yamaguchi checks the test paper while they are taking their break.

"I don't get it. Everything is right but why didn't she get a perfect score?"

"That idiot didn't write her name."

"Ahh... that's why..."

Teacher's Note:
L/N, please write your name next time and don't change every equations to T and K.

xx