Chapter Twenty Nine

Silently Falling (ORIGINAL): Chapter Twenty Nine

A soft snore sounds out and I slowly wake up, my eyes lidded with sleep. I feel a weight draped around me, and when I look down I see a toned arm securely around my waist. A small smile fills my lips and I turn in the muscular arms, careful not to wake West.

Last night actually happened.

I smile softly when I see him sleeping soundly. His lips are slightly puckered, his hair an absolute mess atop his head, and his breaths are blowing warm air onto the pillow. I lift my hand to trace his jawline, appreciating the details that line his skin. Such as the faded scar just beneath his ear, or the single dimple that rests on his cheek. My hand trails his cheek, his nose, his eyes, and an unconscious smile lifts his lips.

I chuckle quietly and lean forward, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. His eyes flutter open as I pull away, and as they focus in on me his small smile widens and his arm pulls me closer.

"This is a sight I don't mind waking up to," he hums. He lifts his arm to brush some hair from my face and places it back around my waist.

Now for the moment of truth; can I still talk?

"Good morning." I say quietly, relief flooding through me as I hear my voice sound out.

"How's your throat feel?" He asks softly.

I swallow and sigh, "Still gravely, but it's not too bad."

He nods slightly, and then he smirks. "Well, it looks like you finally got me in bed. Dreams really do come true."

I grin at him. "More like nightmares"

He leans forward and his lips brush mine, sending a thousand shocks spreading across them. "Do you normally kiss so passionately in nightmares?" He asks, making my cheeks heat up.

"Shut up," I say, pushing him slightly away.

He chuckles and his arm around my waist tightens to pull me closer. "I never said I didn't like it."

I continue to blush and bury my face in the pillow.

Last night was definitely something to remember. I got my voice back, told West my story, and then he admitted that he's falling for me and we kissed. Between finally talking again and kissing West, I'm not sure which comes out on top.

I lift my head from my pillow when I no longer feel West's arm draped around me or his weight on the mattress. I watch as he stretches his arms over his head, and the movement sends his shirt up just enough to reveal his v-line. He runs his fingers through his hair and yawns, stretching again so that his muscles flex.

I have to bite my lip to prevent my smile when I think about the fact those arms were wrapped around me last night.

"Must I tell you yet again to take a picture?" He smirks, catching my obvious staring.

"I don't want to break my camera," I retort, causing him to laugh.

I chuckle along with him and sit up, running my fingers through my tangled hair. I check my phone to see a few texts from Toby letting me know he and Alyse came home, and a bolt of worry passes through me.

"How am I supposed to tell Toby I got my voice back?" I freak out. "What if he's hurt I didn't say my first words to him?"

West glances at me and shakes his head. "Don't be ridiculous."

"What if I'm not?" I ask worriedly, swallowing nervously.

He's been waiting for me to gain my voice back ever since I lost it. He's been my number one supporter, and I'm sure he wanted my first words to be to him.