13

Disappointed Love, Francis Danby, 1821

Something that definitely runs in the Weasley blood, is they won't tell the girl they love they love them. George is just like Fred, he wont tell her.

That scrabble date, that was a month ago. They still hangout, he still notices new quirks about her. Like he picked up that she prefers her coffee cold, which is weird to him. She drinks it black, but Tom only makes hot coffee.

"Glacius" she points at her coffee.

"Why don't you ask for ice?" George laughed

"I've tried.." She smirked into her mug

They have gone on multiple museum dates, pizza dates at the top of Big Ben. And George has fallen in love with baseball, so they watch it every week. But he hasn't told her how he feels.

Olive was more than half done with all her portraits. She finally started on Fred's, she was half way done with Maeve's. And it seemed like she was popping out a finished painting every other week. She was exhausted and George could tell. So he invited her to the store and have a field day in one morning.

"Oh! Is this one of those kaleidoscopes? With the fun colors inside?" She said excitedly as she picked up a colorfully printed telescope. George was just fast enough to turn around and stop the scene unfolding.

"NO!" He jumped to her, putting his hand in front of her eye just as the small fist could punch her.

"Gee! What the hell?" She laughed, as she backed up

"Boxing telescope.." He cringed, "The bruise it leaves, doesn't go away on its own.."

"Thats..."

"Terrible, I know..' George shrugged

"I was going to say hilarious!" She chuckled, walking around the store with George following with a huge smile.

She ended up in front of a very pink shelf.

"WonderWitch?" She asked, looking over at her shoulder as he walked up, "This is violently pink."

"Girls like it!" He laughed

"Oh yeah, I bet.." She mocked, "Everlasting Eyelashes? Ten-Second Pimple Vanisher? Seriously Gee?" She laughed, "Love po-" she stopped at the stand of heart shaped vials, "Love potions?" She asked picking one up, "Like actual Amortentia?"

"What else would it be?" He chuckled leaning against the counter

"Not sure.." She said quietly, "I think Amortentia is a fake potion."

"What?" He asked, "But it works.."

"Sure it works, making the person infatuated or obsessed with the person who gave it to them. Yeah... But the whole idea that you smell your soul mate... No. They shouldn't call it a love potion."

"Really?" He asked, "You think people just lie?"

"Yeah..." she said, examining the vial, "Cute packaging though" she smiled, tossing the vial at George and walking away.

"Wait! No!" He laughed, "Why don't you believe it?"

"When I was 16 we made it in our potions class, and I didn't smell anything." She admitted, trailing her finger on a long line of shelves.

"You could of made it wrong?"

"See, that's what I thought!" She turned around pointing at him and walked backwards, "But I made it again, and again... My potions professor told me I made it perfect every time.."