14

The Kiss, Gustav Klimt, 1907-1908

George and Olive were walking back into the main house for dinner when they saw the older brothers picking on Max as he was helping their parents cook dinner.

"Aaah, Otto, look at this. He is using knives and everything. Bless him." Ant laughed, peering over his shoulder

"I'll be seventeen at the end of the year you dick," said Max grumpily, "and then I'll be able to do it by magic!"

The triplets laughed as the oldest poked fun at their baby brother.

"This is going to end badly.." Olive mumbled to George. They were standing in the doorway watching the kitchens activity. He was trying so hard to hold in his laughter. This was like how he and Fred teased Ron.

"I heard from Elizabeth that our Maxi Pad has a little boyfriend." Elizabeth is Dovers girlfriend, she is a professor at Ilvermorny. "unless our information is faulty — Riggs Hulls?"

Max turned a little pink, but did not look displeased as he turned back to the carrots. "Mind your own business." Pete and Willow bit back their smiles.

"What a snappy retort," said Egan. "I really don't know how you think of them. No, what we wanted to know was...how did it happen?"

"Oh no.." Olive sighed, leaning her forehead against Georges arm.

"What d'you mean?"

"Did he have an accident or something?"

"What?" Max stopped cutting and turned around the face the triplets. Otto and Ant were laughing against each other, backing into a corner away from Max.

"Well, how did he sustain such extensive brain damage? Careful, now!"

Just then Max threw the knife at the triplets, but Clay transfigured the knife into butterfly, with one lazy flick of his wand.

"MAXWELL!" Willow shouted furiously "Don't you ever let me see you throwing knives again!"

"I won't," said Max, "let you see," he added under his breath, as he turned back to the carrot mountain.

"Butter knife!" Clay laughed, "If only it was a butter knife, the butterfly would of been more funny!" He fell into Dovers side, hysterically laughing as well all the other brothers.

"George, you are allowed to laugh." Egan said, facing away from him.

"Were you reading my-"

"Mind again?" Clay asked

"Yeah, sorry." Egan smiled sweetly at his mother side eyeing him

"You have very loud thoughts dude." Dover said, shooting up from his seat and ruffing up Max's hair as he walked by.

"Leave Max alone, you tool bags!" Olive smacked all her brothers heads as she walk past them, and kissing Max on the top of the head. "Boyfriend?" She smiled at Max, "Tell me about him."

Over at the table George sat down with Clay and Egan.

"So what do you guys do?"

"Breath." Clay simply answered

"Eat." Egan played along

"Sit." Dover called over

"Shit." Clay smiled

George really liked them.

"As much as the president wants us to work with the government, I don't see myself as another government leach." Clay told him