Love and Lies

Seemingly reading your mind, you reply hiding your surprise:
"Yeah, man that's fine. I would love to listen."
You said back to the now sheepish 6'4 man. Clearing his throat he started to pour out his emotions. Hesitantly at first, but soon you two were bonding in a more than personal way.

"I was stood up, Y/N. Her name was..uhm..let's call her Stacy. Stacy is someone I've liked for quite a bit now, however I just now asked for a meeting in person. A date if you will. And she said yes. You know as it normally goes, but erm she never showed up."
Tears were slightly visible on his face. You moved closer to him sitting in the bed. You could feel your heart start to beat loudly. "She was the first...I've ever had feelings for." Biting his lip he stopped. You started to move in for a hug. He flinched at first but quickly wrapped his arms around you. You returned his embrace with gentle force. "Thank you." He whispered. Your heart was sinking with sadness for him, but filled with that familiar warm feeling again.

"I'll always be here for you Will." You grinned into his sweatshirt. He placed his head on yours. "Thank you. Y/N." He started to silently sob into your hair. And you buried your head deeper into his chest. You murmured "I love you." Into his shirt. He replied with silent sobs.
.
You both were cuddled into each other; not sure how many days it had been since you dragged this disgruntled man into your home. His arms were wrapped around you and your short arms wrapped around him. You stayed like this for awhile, talking to each other and sharing your life stories. You actually had more things in common then you originally thought. You realized that the feeling you had felt was 'love'. It made you feel complete no matter how cheesy it sounds. You realized you loved this man. And you vented to him about this strange warm feeling. He knew what it was a little too well.
He hesitantly confessed that he felt the same warm feeling towards you. You were shocked. But whether it was a rebound relationship, or an honest act of love, happy cries were audible throughout your apartment that day.