Chapter Forty-Four

"Ashton, it's my turn." I said, annoyed as I grabbed the bowling ball from his hands.

"Careful, that bowling ball is the size of you." I rolled my eyes and he took the bowling ball out of my hands. "It's actually my turn."

"Luke, tell him it's my turn!" I whined, turning to face Luke. As I was looking away, Ashton took the turn. "You can't do that! It's my turn."

"I say your team gets disqualified. Teams shouldn't fight." Michael said, causing me to look over at him. We'd been here for almost an hour, and I had gotten to know the boys really well. They weren't all that bad... except for Ashton. Something about him just infuriated me.

"Strike! Yes!" Ashton said, cheering. He jumped up and picked me up, exceedingly excited. Once he realized what he had done, he coughed it off and scratched the back of his neck. He quickly sat back down on the other side of Luke and I awkwardly sat back down. I looked over at Michael and Ali who were both laughing together. It was Kylie's turn, but because of her, their team was losing. Calum was currently trying to help her out.

"I don't see why we couldn't have gotten the bumpers." Kylie mumbled, causing Calum to laugh, helping her get into a certain stance.

"You just have to line yourself up." he told her, straightening her up. She breathed in deeply and rolled her ball down the wooden floors. She succeeded at not going into the gutter, but only knocked a couple of pins down. She cheered and hugged Calum, obviously flirty. I sighed and Luke nudged my shoulder. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me.

"What's up?" he asked me. I shrugged and looked back over at Calum and Kylie. "I'm going to get a drink really fast, do you want to come?"

"Uh, sure." Luke and I both stood up and walked over to the concession setup. "Do want anything?"

"Uh, yeah, just a water." He nodded and waited for one of the workers to come and get what we needed. Once he had asked for our drinks, we waited together, still looking over at Kylie and Calum who still weren't done with 'their' turn.

"I can see I was wrong about you liking Ashton..." Luke laughed, lightly and I sighed.

"He's okay."

"Lauren, you've hated him the second you got in the car." I looked up at Luke and hugged my arm awkwardly. It wasn't that I wanted to dislike Ashton, it was just a feeling I got from him that made me feel weird around him.

"I don't know... he's just... I don't know." I sighed at my loss of words and Luke laughed a little.

"Maybe you just have to get use to him." I shrugged and the guy came back with out drinks. We smiled at him and thanked him and walked back to our seats.

"Yes, a spare!" Kylie squealed and clapped to herself. I laughed at her reaction and smiled over at Luke.

"It's your turn." He sighed and stood up, walking to the ball return and grabbing one of the bowling balls. He took his approach smoothly, but as soon as it hit the ground, it rolled straight to the gutter. He turned to look back at me, his expression priceless. I laughed and he motioned for me to come over to him. I rolled my eyes, but reluctantly got up and went over to him.

"You have to help me, I can't look like an idiot, it's my last turn!" I laughed, softly and he grabbed his pick of bowling ball. I straightened him up like Calum had with Kylie and stepped on my tiptoes, looking over his shoulder, which wasn't all that easy, Luke was a very tall guy. I placed my hands on hips to get him in the right spot, but quickly pulled away when I felt that was weird.

"Uh... I think you're good." He looked back at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Lauren... they're hips, they're not going to bite." I sighed and once again helped him straighten up. Once he was in a spot where he'd be sure to knock a few pins down without failing, I let him take his approach. He glided his arm back smoothly, but let go of the ball sloppily, causing it to hit the floor and roll once again into the gutter. "Okay, that was my fault." I laughed, lightly and walked back to our seats with him. I looked over at Ali and Michael who weren't even paying attention to the game, just one another. I sighed and shook my head, slightly. Ali had one more turn, then I did, and then the game was over.