Sugawara Koushi

... did i disappear for like four months and magically reappear?? yes, yes i did.

i've been watching a lot of tiktok lately and this one au has seriously stuck out to me. the 'your soulmate can hear what song you're listening to' or/and 'your soulmate can hear you singing'. i really liked it, i found it so cute. so i asked my friend, 'choose a character and a song' and... she chose Sugawara and...

Touch You - Yarichin Bitch Club

yeah, so... this was supposed to be fluffy and she kinda destroyed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been four years since Sugawara started to hear his soulmate's voice. His soulmate had such a wide variety of tastes in music and Sugawara would always try to pinpoint the language, the country it was most popular in, etc. But his soulmate's genre of music would change so quickly that is was impossible.

Seriously, for an entire month, all his soulmate would listen to was BTS and other K-Pop related bands nonstop. Koushi had never really had a problem with K-Pop until his soulmate abused his ears with it for a month non-stop. Then the next month his soulmate switched to a new band in a new language and never listened to K-Pop again.

Now, as Sugawara was trying to train, the music ringing through his ears was... a lot different than normal. He noticed that his soulmate had become increasingly interested in anime music and there were a lot of songs which Sugawara also found himself silently singing along to as he trained.

Until that one training where Sugawara swore he almost died right then and there.

It was in the middle of training and Sugawara noticed his soulmate wasn't listening to anything, which they normally were at this time. Sugawara dismissed it and continued to practice his sets with Asahi and Hinata, about to set the ball to Asahi when-

'Sawarasenai kimi wa shojo wa na no-'

Sugawara felt the ball slam into his face as his hands faltered, causing everyone around him to rush to his aid.

"Suga! Are you okay? What happened?" Asahi was the first to ask, noticing that Sugawara was stuck frozen in place even with the slight nose bleed that was dripping down his chin.

'Dakiaitai chakui de OK
Kimi no kokoro ga shiritai dake da yo-'

Sugawara felt his soul leave his body, causing everyone to scream in worry, Tanaka being the only one to yell out, "Something is slipping out!"

After a few hours, Sugawara was calmed down and no longer dying. Daichi, being the worried father he is, came up to him to ask what happened, not wanting the vice-captain to die on him and cause a repeat of that one time Daichi died.

"They've been listening to Touch You for two hours straight." Sugawara managed to gasp out in his misery, gripping onto his hair. Daichi tried to look worried but couldn't help the faint laughter which managed to escape his mouth, causing Sugawara to chop his side dramatically. "Don't laugh! This is serious!"

"Why don't you just... sing back? Or listen to a song and stop their loop?" Daichi suggested although he had muffled it out through his fitful of laughter. Sugawara nodded along to his captain and best friend's words, thinking that, even if those were terrible ideas they may just work.

Sugawara had discovered his soulmate was actually a very simple-minded person, almost following exactly what Sugawara predicts their next song will be. At first, it kind of scared Sugawara was his soulmate really simple and close-minded? Would they not accept him because he was much more different compared to them? But after a while, Sugawara realized that he was overthinking everything and that things would be fine.

Of course, Sugawara did try out Sawamura's ideas and. unsurprisingly, they didn't work. So for the next few weeks, all Koushi heard was this song on loop. Nothing else was played even once. Sugawara decided that when he would meet his soulmate, he'd murder them. He'd kill them for putting him through this torture every day.

Not only did it become annoying to hear on a daily basis, but he'd hear this song during classes and practice as well. It once even started playing when Sugawara was in the middle of a test, causing him to sputter and get sent out for 'being a distraction to the other students'.

When Sugawara was sent out of the classroom, he decided to sit outside in a corner of the school and relax there for a minute or two, letting the ringing of the music ring through his ears. It took a while for Koushi to notice but there was also another student there. A male student, probably also a third-year who was sitting against the wall near Sugawara, earphones in and music blasting through them. A familiar song muffling through the earphones.

His legs moved before his mind did, his head hazy and his thoughts jumbled. An unignorable 'zing' passed through his chest when the two made accidental eye-contact. The thought 'this is my soulmate' rung through Sugawara's mind, blocking out the song for a minute.

Sugawara's hazy brain began to function again after he realized he had slapped the unknown male, staring into his eyes angrily. "How could you play this song for so long!? Aren't you sick of it by now!?"

The (h/c) male blinked and stared into his newly found soulmate's eyes, shocked at how to anger the silver-haired man really was.

"I'm... sorry?" The other replied, obviously caught off guard. Sugawara huffed, "You better be! Now tell me your name, soulmate. I want to know who you are!" The two then sat side-by-side, talking for the rest of the period and sadly departing when they were sent to go back to their separate classes.

Sugawara had learned then that his soulmate's name was (L/N) (Y/N), and he couldn't be more in love with such a simple-minded man. Obviously, (Y/N) felt the same way about Sugawara. Already falling in love with him after he looked into those warm brown eyes.

After that faithful encounter, (Y/N) never played Touch You again, not only realizing how much he had listened to it and gotten sick of it. But that was really an excuse he made up, actually being terrified of what his soulmate would do to him if he ever played that song again.