Chapter 3: Run and Follow

"What the hell was that?" Saha caught her breath, not able to relax into the leather seats of Saha's car.

"The guy." Dalmi bit, looking out of the window.

"What guy?" Saha asked confused.

"The mystery man. From the bar."

"Oh my god!...wait! Ya, why did you run?" Saha pressed, pulling Dalmi by the arm so she could look her in the face.

"I panicked. One minute I was just putting my coat on and the next he was there. I-" Dalmi stuttered, frowning at what she was feeling.

All that repeated in her mind was the look on his face when he saw her. It was a mix of pure shock but when that left his face, he smiled warmly as if relief washed over his body and she couldn't help but feel the same in that snap second before she panicked and ran.

Seo Dalmi didn't do panic. She always knew what to say and what to do but around him, a stranger she had met out of pure chance, she felt like falling and all she could do was run.

"You like him!" she accused, fitting the pieces together.

She had never seen Dalmi act in such a way and knew better than anyone that only a man could cause such behaviour.

"I don't even know him! Don't be so ridiculous," Dalmi snapped, denying any of it being even remotely true.

"Well then explain to me why you are acting like a crazy person!"

"Molla! I just-I- the way he looked at me...there's something about him that I can't put my finger on," she tried to explain, searching for some sort of explanation.

"You need to find him." Saha confirmed, brushing a stray hair behind Dalmi's ear.

"Shiro! And say what?...oh yeah I'm sorry about running away from you twice but I'd like to get to know you!" Dalmi laughed sarcastically, looking back out of the window.

"Ne! You only live once and besides, when was the last time you took a leap?" Saha grinned optimistically.

"Please just take me to the nearest decent bar and get me wasted? Jebal." She almost begged as she overlooked Saha tapping on her iPhone silently.

Meet us at Bar 56?
- Chulsan x

Can't wait!
-Saha xoxo

"If that's what you want? But don't complain to me in the morning about your horrideous hangover," Saha agreed, sliding her phone back into her clutch, hoping Dalmi hadn't picked up on the small grin that had suddenly perked up on her face at the thought of where they were going.

"I never get hung-over. My drinking technique is fool proof. You should know that by now." Dalmi protested with a confident pout.

___________

"What did the text say?" Dosan pressed, not wanting to get his hopes up.

"That they'd be there. Kaja!" Chulsan grinned as he followed Dosan into the cadillac before giving his driver their directions.

"You do realize you've only met this girl once right? What are you even going to say to her?" Chulsan stressed, not able to decide whether he was more excited to see Saha or how Dosan's night would turned out.

"It's not like I planned this, Chulsan-ah. I don't know- there is just something that interests me about her." He frowned, trying to not sound too sensitive.

"I seemed to have misplaced my best friend, he's named Nam Dosan? Seen him lately?" Chulsan joked.

Dosan didn't answer but instead glared at his excuse for a friend.