B O N U S C H A P T E R

So, I thought that with the holiday season upon us once again, I missed my babies, and so I wrote this chapter. I imagine that it takes place before we have our dark queens and after the season 2 Christmas episode. This is also a way for me to incorporate my new obsession with Julie and the Phantoms (WATCH IT! IT'S AMAZING) into another story. Anyway, happy holidays!

I've attached the song used in this chapter. The actual song begind at 0:35. I also made the accompanying gif :)

Josie had forgotten that sound. As a musician herself, it sounds strange, but so much has happened that she had forgotten what it felt like to be carried away by music. With everyone away for the short break, she did not realize the sound at first; she dismissed the notes floating through the air as just her own mind calming her down from the hell of advanced calculus.

As she sits before the fireplace, finally realizing the sound is real and not just in her head, she looks around the room to find its source. The only remaining students are all wrapped in their own worlds, studying for finals or engrossed by their computers. Some are bobbing their heads along with the music while others remain focused.

Packing up her stuff, Josie walks through the halls, her ears tuned to the sound of the guitar. She finds herself going up to the dorms where she can finally hear some of the words accompanied by the music.

Only one room has its door slightly ajar with the lights on.

She remembers that voice too.

A smile spreads over her lips as she peaks into the room to find a girl on the windowsill, her computer in front of her and a guitar in her lap. The girl continues singing softly to herself as her finger trail across the guitar strings as if it were second nature.

You set me free

You and me together is more than chemistry

Love me as I am

I'll hold your music here inside my hands

Leaning her forehead against the door, Josie can't bring herself to look away. The words bounce around in her head like bowling balls and all she can think about is her early Christmas gift.

We say we're friends, we play pretend

You're more to me, we're everything

Our voices rise and soar so high

We come to life when we're

In perfect harmony

As Stella begins to hum the riffs to the music, Josie feels the door begin to give way. As it squeaks open, she quickly places her palm against it to hold herself up and stop herself from falling over.

The music stops almost instantantly as Stella jumps in her seat, her wide eyes turning to the door. Luckily, Josie has already recovered from her almost-fall to just be standing there with her hand against the wall.

Stella sighs and runs a hand through her hair. "Sorry, was I being too loud? I thought since the school is basically deserted, I could try this song out—"

"Did you write that?" Josie asks, stepping into the room.

"Me? Oh no. I'm not great with words, you know that." Stella adjusts and places the guitar down beside her to hide her blush. "No, I'm just obsessed with this new show, and that was one of the songs."