[CH.8]

There was a clock somewhere in this room.

Changbin normally wouldn't care about it that much, but Hyunjin certainly did. The raven looked anywhere but them and he could hear the gears turn in Hyunjin's pretty head, fidgeting from where he was sitting on the bed.

He looked so small, shrinking in his seat even though he was taller than all of them. Changbin was a little bit disappointed at how the pale boy kept avoiding their gazes, his body tense and carefully putting a distance between them.

"Hyunjin, listen carefully. It's important that you follow these rules, or you'll be punished, alright?" The raven stiffened, but didn't say anything as he kept his eyes glued to the floor. There was a hitch in his scent, but it soon returned to neutral once again. Hyunjin seemed to hug himself tighter, trying to curl into a small, unnoticeable ball.

Changbin chuckled.

He's adorable. It made Changbin want to pull Hyunjin into his lap and kiss all over his face.

Or perhaps fuck him senseless until he passed out.

"The rules are pretty simple. Make sure you follow them. Hyunjin, look at me." Chan's tone was cold and he'd flinch if he didn't know better. After all of the years they've spent together, he could tell the difference between the different tones his pack alpha held. Hyunjin did flinch though and reluctantly looked up, gritting his teeth at the demand.

The resistance in the raven's eyes made his alpha howl and oh, how he wanted to make this pretty boy submit to him.

"No escape attempts. We don't tolerate disobedience, if you disobey us in any way, you'll be punished. Our words are now your law, so listen carefully and follow them. Don't make me use my alpha voice on you." Chan stayed unswayed by the hateful look Hyunjin threw him. It was clear to everyone in the room who the pure blooded alpha was. Changbin even dared to say that the older found this amusing, almost liking the fire in Hyunjin's eyes a little bit too much.

"Don't ever snoop around in what we do. I'll make sure to punish you myself if you decide to cause trouble for us within our work. For now, you're not going to be allowed to leave your room. When I deem you ready enough, you'll be allowed to wander around in the mansion but all the doors will be locked and secured. If you talk to anyone, let alone plan an escape with someone working here, I'll have them fired and killed. Remember that, when you say you don't want to kill anyone, Jinnie." Hyunjin snarled at him and Chan's eyes flashed dangerously, his scent growing heavier until even Changbin was starting to have a hard time breathing.

"I am your alpha now. You will listen and follow my commands. If you do as much as try to find a phone, or open the doors, you'll be punished. And if not that, someone else is going to be taking your punishment, in case they helped you. We are all very much capable of making you suffer, little lamb." The raven widened his eyes, shoulders slumping over at the menacing gaze Chan gave him, bottom lip trembling in fear. He might be good at not letting his scent give away anything, but one glance on his face and you could tell that he was terrified. Chan's now red eyes seemed to burn holes into the pretty boy's head and Hyunjin gulped, swallowing audibly even though it was almost too quiet for anyone to hear.

This was going better than he had expected. If Hyunjin was scared, then he wouldn't put up too much of a hassle trying to escape. The main focus will be on surviving, instead. Which for them, was perfect.