1.11

after they'd finished rehearsing, styx went home to get ready for the show. she ran through the song several more times. she wasn't sure why, but she was very nervous for tonight. she'd never been scared to perform before, but this was the bands first real show. what if something goes wrong? what if she isn't able to flash on stage?

she was so nervous, her hands began to shake as she tried to play. she let out a sigh and decided to stop practicing, it was only making her more anxious.

she rose from her bed to pick an outfit from her closet and get ready. after getting dressed she moved to work on her makeup, sitting on the floor in front of her wall mirror.

styx had just finished her eyeliner when reggie poofed on to her bed.

"what's up?" she asks, grabbing her mascara and glancing at him through her mirror.

"just came to see you." he says happily.

"oh yeah?" she grins slightly, trying to fight off the blush creeping on her face.

"yeah." his smile grows as he watches styx through in the mirror, admiring her concentration as she tried not to scoop her eye out with her eyelash curler.

the room fell silent, styx focused on her make up, and reggie focused on styx. after she'd finished her makeup, she got up and moved to sit on the bed next to reggie. she noticed his giddy grin and laughed slightly.

"you excited for tonight?" she asks and he nods rapidly.

"extremely." he says. "what about you?"

"honestly?" she looks up at him nervously and he nods. "i'm scared." she admits and reggie smiles softly, reaching out to grab her hand.

"you're going to be amazing," he assures her. "you always are." she blushed again and ducks her head, her nervousness fading slightly.

"but what if something goes wrong?" she looks back up at reggie, who slides closer to her on the bed.

"what could possibly go wrong?" he asks, and styx's heart melts at the caring tone of his voice.

"what if i can't flash on stage?" she begins. "what if my guitar doesn't show up? what if i don't flash off after the song? what if-"

styx was cut off by a pair of lips pressing to her own. it took her completely by surprise, but moments later she relaxed into the kiss, she wrapped her hand behind reggie's neck and leaned closer to him. he gently rested his hands on her hips, and styx felt her whole body light up.

it was like electricity running through her. every nerve in her body ignited from where reggie was touching her. it was an incredible feeling, she wasn't even thinking about the fact that he was a ghost, or that this could never be a real relationship. all she could focus on was reggie's lips against hers.

they were both too absorbed in the moment and each other to notice the poofing sound and alex landing in the middle of styx's room. his eyes widened, and he cleared his throat awkwardly, causing both of them to pull apart quickly.

"dude!" reggie rolls his eyes at the now smirking blond. "what are you doing here?"

"well i was coming to tell you guys that julie is getting ready to go, so styx needs to go pick her up," he explains. "but clearly i interrupted something."

styx lets out a sigh of annoyance before turning to face the boy.

"okay, i'll go get her." styx nods, rising from the bed to grab her bag.

"we'll see you there." alex tells her, pulling reggie up from the bed and knocking him from the daze he was in watching styx. he just smiled at her as alex poofed them away.