1.16

in the studio, julie and styx were nervously pacing back and forth. neither of them had spoken for a while, both of them too nervous to even think straight.

the boys finally poofed in, making both girls jump and quickly spin to face them.

"oh my gosh! what took you guys so long?"

"did willie do it? did you talk to the promoter?"

"did they watch the video? did they like us?"

"are we playing tonight? can someone answer us?"

"why is no one saying anything?"

julie and styx rapid fire questions back and forth towards the boys. all their widen as they take a moment to understand what the girls actually said.

"woah that's a lot of questions!" reggie says quickly. "luke, you wanna take this one?" he suggests and luke nods.

"take a seat," he tells the girls, crouching in front of them with the other two boys. "it's fine, everything's fine."

"yeah! you should be getting a call right...now!" alex points to julies phone on the table in front of them, though nothing happens. "okay, right...now!" he points again, and this time is begins ringing moments after he points. "nailed it." he high-fives the other boys.

styx and julie squeal with excitement, hugging each other excitedly. the phone rings again and the ghost motion to it, reminding julie that she actually needs to answer the phone.

"right!" she says quickly, clearing her throat lightly and pressing accept on the call. "hello?" she says, attempting to sound professional.

"hi, this is Tasha from The Orpheum in Hollywood." the woman on the phone speaks, making everyone in the room jump up and begin dancing with excitement. they all freeze in place when the woman starts talking again. "is this Julie of Julie and the Phantoms?" she asks.

"yes, it is." julie says quickly, and everyone in the room held their breath for the response.

"are you available to play for us tonight?" she asks, making the group begin dancing happily again. julie hopped onto the table and spun in circle as styx bounce happily on the couch.

"yeah totally!" julie nearly shouts out of excitement. luke and reggie lift alex over their heads, making styx laugh. "thank you so much!"

julie and styx high-fived and julie jumped onto the couch next to her, the two girls continuing to bounce as they hugged each other.

"we're doing it!" styx shouts excitedly and alex holds out his hand, both of the girls high-fiving him.

"we're playing the orpheum, baby!" julie announces as the boys spun in a circle. "yeah!"

~*~

later that morning, julie had gone inside to tell her dad about tonight, which left styx alone with the ghosts. none of them spoke as the boys all glance back and forth between each other and her with worried looks. they seemed to be having a conversation with their eyes, it almost looked they they were discussing who should speak first.

"what?" styx says quickly, confused by their expressions. the boys jumped slightly and turned to her, alex clearing his throat awkwardly.

"we just, uh, wanted to ask, if you had, um, talked to your dads, since last night." alex explains sheepishly and styx sighs.

"no." she speaks quietly. "i haven't."

since she woke up this morning, the feeling of guilt had been slowly creeping into her. she felt bad for the way she left last night, but what else was she supposed to do? they couldn't just drop a bomb like that and expect her to be perfectly okay.