1.17

when the julie and styx finally arrived at the orpheum, they were directed to their green room to prepare for the show. they only had an hour until they go on, so the girls quickly began getting themselves ready.

julie and styx were both shaking with nervousness as they tried to do their make up. styx was struggling more than julie. as much as she tried, she couldn't get the stuff about julie's, and her, mom, out of her mind. she didn't want to lie to julie, but it would be so confusing.

after messing up and redoing her eyeliner for the fourth time, styx slammed the pen down in a huff and took a few deep breaths.

"hey, it going to be okay." julie says, rising from her chair to stand next to styx at hers. "the guys will be here." she watches styx through the mirror as the red head shuts her eyes tight and continues taking deep breaths, trying to slow her heart beat.

"it's not that," styx starts, opening her eyes to look at julie through the mirror. "i mean, it is that. but.." she trails off and julie sighs.

"the stuff with you dads?" she asks quietly, and styx nods slightly, looking down at her hands in her lap.

she was still shaking, and she wanted to tell julie so badly about everything that was going on, but she couldn't drop that on her now. they only had 45 minutes until the went on stage.

still, styx was dying not being able to tell julie, her best friend, and now sister.

"yeah, it's just a lot." styx sighs.

"are they here?" julie asks her hesitantly and styx shrugged.

"i don't know, i haven't looked at my phone." she says, pointing slightly to her bag on the floor beside her, which her phone was currently in.

"you should check." julie says softly. "you don't have to respond to them, but just find out if they're here."

she grabbed the bag from the floor and set it on the counter next to styx. she glanced at julie for a moment, who gave her a nod of encouragement. she took a deep breath and reached into her bag and grabbed her phone.

styx couldn't figure out if she was relieved or even more stressed upon seeing the message that said that her dads were in fact, standing in the crowd with julie's family. there were five other messages, but styx didn't bother to read them yet. like she said before, she wasn't going to worry about any of that until the boys cross over.

"they're here." she tells julie, who had moved back to her seat and had resumed touching up her make up.

"is that good or bad?" she asks, a small smile on her face. she was happy they were there, even if styx didn't want them here right now, julie knew she'd regret it if they missed this.

"i don't know yet." styx replies honestly, and julie chuckles softly, making styx smile slightly. "but either way, we're going to rock this place tonight." she adds quickly, making julie grin more.

"yes! it's gonna be a great show." julie nods in a agreement.

a knock came at the door shortly after, making styx jump slightly. she was still very nervous and very on edge.

"hey julie, i've got your roadie." he informs them, making styx and julie both laugh slightly.

"come in!" julie says, and the stage manager pushed the door open to reveal him and flynn.

"the hologram machines are good to go, boss." she says with a smirk, and julie rolls her eyes slightly.

"best roadie ever." she jokes, making the man laugh slightly.