3.

It's very unusual to wake up due to loud, unceasing cries coming from your own house at 10:00am in the morning.
I wonder what's going on. I quickly pick up my cap that always sleeps beside me on my bed and fix it to cover my hair and walk out of the room so I can see what the cry is all about.

Walking down the last step of the stairs, the cries get even louder and to my dismay, I find Habeebah beating up our young house help to a pulp.

" what's going on here?" I snap, making Habeebah stop and look behind her. " Get out of my sight and mind your business or else you'll be next" She snaps back. I completely ignore and look at a crying Barakah. Habeebah is using a thick leather belt to give her marks everywhere, she now already has a bruised upper lip, a bloody nose and a sore eye. " Barakah why's she doing this to you?" I cry and rush to meet her on the floor. " I was trying to wash one glass plate of hers and it slipped out of my hands because she was telling me to hurry up. Wallahi I didn't mean to let it fall Aunty Zaki, please tell her to stop, she's going to kill me" Poor girl, she was only trying to run an errand for her and now she's getting this.
I honestly can't tolerate this.

As I'm about to turn around to get up on my feet to confront Habeebah, I feel a sharp pain strike my back, making me wince in pain for three seconds. She hit me with her belt.
My body is engulfing with anger instead of pain and I hurriedly get up and snap the belt right out of Habeebah's hands as she tries to attack me again.

I let out all the anger in me by using the same leather belt she used on me on her and I watch her scream, then fall flat to the ground. I continue to lash her multiple times, not minding if I hit her eyes or any where fragile. She didn't care when she was doing the same to an innocent child so it's up to me to finally teach her a lesson.

My anger finally subsides and I sight Ameerah rushing into the house from the front door to rescue her mother. " Zakiyah what are you doing?!, do you want to kill my mother?!" She screams at me as she rushes to where her mother laid, rolling on the kitchen floor.
I feel extremely content for giving her a taste of her own medicine. " Your mother almost killed an innocent young child so I didn't mind giving her a taste of her own medicine"

" That's insane" Ameerah snaps and helps her mother stand on her feet. " Wallahi I'm going to kill you Zakiyah" Habeebah says with a growl and I instantly smirk at her. " Kill me and you'll be dead as well" I answer and finally leave them to focus fully on Barakah, who's now crawled up beneath the kitchen counter.

" I'll call Oga Jay to take you to the hospital, you'll be better In Sha Allah" I comfort her and wipe the tears running down her cheeks. " I don't want to stay here anymore" She says and I sigh heavily, I don't blame her at all.

Oga Jay who's our family driver takes Barakah to the hospital and I call up Juwairiyah's Mother to help us get a new housemaid that'll help with the chores in the morning, since I called Daddy, told him what happened and he said we should let Barakah go.
He's going to compensate her for the bruises and all she received from Habeebah.

After taking care of everything, I finally took my bath, wore fresh clothes and prepared a bowl of cornflakes for my breakfast. Today's going to be a boring day cause I'm honestly not in the mood to design anything and besides, I've settled all my clients, I'm just waiting for new ones.

That devil honestly thought she could hit me and go Scot free.
I laugh.

It's not as if I have anger issues or anything, I do my best to tolerate rubbish from people but when it gets too much and I'm crossed, I retaliate.
I retaliate in a way that'll make you know how to stand in your lane.

I slump myself on my bed and grab my iphone that's sitting on my bedside drawer, like I said, most rich kids always use an iPhone and here I am with an XR. Turning my data on, messages flood in as usual and I find my way to Instagram, to enjoy my memes.
While scrolling through posts, a message pops up from WhatsApp on our class group chat saying, " Let Zakiyah come online, we'll tell her to prepare it for us".
The message's from our sets BBC news, the gossiper and one of the most notorious students of our set, Abigail, she's also very popular amongst the students of Meadows.