𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

★━━━━━━━━━━━━★

"Well, I'd rather see you dead, little girl. Than to be with another man. You better keep your head, little girl. Or I won't know where I am.

You better run for your life if you can, little girl. Hide your head in the sand, little girl. Catch you with another man, That's the end, little girl." 

~The Beatles "Run For Your Life"

★━━━━━━━━━━━━★

Chapter 3

   The next day, you basked in the glory of sleeping in late. 

   Of course, you'd never pass up the opportunity to sleep, something you love and hate at the same time. As the years have gone by, many jokes are made about your sleeping habits. Whether it be about you sleeping through a tornado, or getting fired from a job because you slept through work. 

   Both were highly possible.

   As you woke up that morning, stretching your slightly ache limbs, your mind drifts to your teacher. A groan left your lips. What if he WAS murdered? What if something terrible happened? What if it was the start of something bad?

   You tried shaking the thought away, standing up with a loud unladylike yawn. 

   You did your daily routine, still drowning in the countless questions you had.

   "I don't know guys." Amy sighs, slightly swinging back and forth on the little playground swings. Haruka was leaning against the monkey bars while you sat on the edge of the slide. 

   You placed your elbows on your thighs, your face hiding behind your hands. 

   Your mother wouldn't let you leave the house this morning, worried something bad would happen. You could understand how she felt, although you did have Haruka and Amy. You were glad she let you leave when they arrived.

   So there you were, in the park with your friends, still trying to process what happened.

   You were all silent, all of you deep in thought. 

   A child's giggle had brought you from your reverie, your eyes shifting to the little girl playing tag with two other little boys. Her pink hair was in braids, her red eyes crinkled in excitement. 

   You smiled.

   "Do you remember when we were little?" Haruka said, coming up next to you. She sat down on the ground next to the slide, both of you watching the children run around in circles. You smiled and gave a small nod.

   You remembered all the times you and Haruka would play together, normally hanging out with the other little children in the neighborhood. You guys played many different types of games, ranging from manhunt, hide and seek, flashlight tag, and even fishy fishy cross my ocean.

   You had the best times with Haruka, and even more so once Amy came into the picture.

   Amy and her parents had lived abroad, moving to Japan after her grandparents grew ill. Once they had passed, you and Haruka saw little Amy crying underneath the big slide. You both decided to take her in, and have been best friends since.