01

[ THEIR FIRST ENCOUNTER ]

(l/n) (y/n) was a pretty normal person.

There wasn't anything special about her. 

She wasn't ugly, but nor was she pretty. She wasn't an idiot, but she wasn't a genius either. She was considered healthy, but she wasn't all that fit. 

Everything about her was just- average.

No specific skills or talent, nor a unique personality. Average looks, average brains. There was nothing special about her.

Constantly ranking near the middle in her finals at her high school, no particular interests and always mediocre in everything. 

One would say that she was a boring person, but frankly, she didn't care.

She was just plain.

Working three different jobs, (y/n) wasn't very financially stable. 

The only thing that wasn't average about her would be the fact that she was incredibly poor. 

She worked hard to ensure that she'd have a meal by the end of the day, but hard work could only get you so far.

Sometimes, putting effort into something is useless without talent. 

But it was okay, (y/n) didn't mind. 

She was a simple person living with simple morals. 

(y/n) was currently trudging back to her apartment at 7:00 in the morning from her job at the grocery store, her main employment. 

Letting out a large yawn, she covered her mouth with her hand. 

"This is why I hate night shifts." She muttered to herself. 

The sun was shining brightly, making the female's skin look lighter. 

Everything was so peaceful. No cars or people in sight. Just the quiet morning scene. 

At least, that's what she thought. 

(y/n) shrieked in shock as strange creatures suddenly came out from under the ground, making her lose her balance and fall onto the rough pavement from surprise. 

"The surface is ours!" One of them stated. "You surface dwellers must die!"

There was a brown creature with blue stripes waving its four arms around, a glowing red sword in each of them.

"I am the Subterranean King!" it declared.

Its allies were still in the ground, only the top of their brown heads visible. 

(y/n) sat on the pavement blankly. Was this... supposed to be intimidating?

Waving the four swords around, the creature continued. "Surface dwellers, prepare yourselves for-"

It got interrupted as a bald man with a white cape jumped down from the nearest apartment building as he kicked the creature with his right foot, causing it to get knocked out and laying motionlessly on the concrete.

(y/n) stared at the scene in disgust, still on the ground. 

Ew. What's with that ugly, yellow suit?

The allies of the creature stared wide-eyed at the fallen body of their self-proclaimed king. 

"All right," the bald man said excitedly. "Bring it on!"

(y/n) looked back at the creatures to see their reaction, but was faced with a white flag with 'SORRY ABOUT THAT' written onto it.  

"Eh?"

The bald man stared blankly. 

Scratching the side of his face with a finger, (y/n) heard him say to himself after a long pause, "I've become too strong."

(y/n) came to her senses and got back onto her feet, catching Saitama's attention once she cleared her throat.

"Oh? I didn't see you there."

"Yeah, um-" (y/n) lightly bowed awkwardly. "Thanks for saving me, sir..."

"Eh? Sir-?"

Getting back up, she blinked at him owlishly.

Saitama stared back at her. 

...

"Oh, I'm so sorry... You must be fighting a hard battle, aren't you? I hope you can overcome it."

Poor guy, she thought. 

He didn't reply. 

Did I hit a nerve..?

"Um, sorry but I don't know what you're talking about..."

...What?

"Uh, do you not have cancer?"

"I- what? Cancer??"

(y/n) froze. 

...Aha, this just got awkward. 

The female had assumed he was old because of his clean head, but realized that he actually looked quite young. Maybe mid-20s?

Her next conclusion was that he grew bald from having cancer, but that seemed not to be the case from his response. 

She would've assumed he shaved his hair, but his head was way too clean to have been shaved. 

Saitama stood there staring blankly at the girl. 

"Wait a minute... aren't you that annoying neighbour of mine?!"

And that was their first encounter. 

[ author's note ]yeah I finally started editing this

[ author's note ]
yeah I finally started editing this

the chapters will be longer than
this I swear-