can i get your number?

C/N: Crush's Name

Y/N: Your Name

G/S: Name of Grocery Store

IC/F: Ice Cream Flavor

~

In which you meet a guy at the grocery store, he asks for your number, and you go on a date.

~

"Y/N, can you please go get some milk for me at the grocery's store? We're running low," my mom asked.

"Yeah, sure mom. Do you need anything else?"

She hands me her list of groceries before I walk out the door.

I knew it, it's never "just milk".

I hop in my car and drive to our nearest grocery store.

I didn't think to dress up because this was just going to be a quick run.

I walked into G/S and grabbed myself a cart.

I started picking up some snacks for myself because, if I'm going out for food, I should at least get something for myself.

Out of nowhere, the sound of another cart began coming my way. I looked up to see a boy who seemed around my age.

He looked tall and had quite a sharp jawline. I couldn't make out his face since he was facing the other direction.

He turned around and I immediately looked away.

That was so awkward, what if he saw me?

I left the aisle I was in and started picking up items that mom needed.

As I walked to the dairy section, I saw the boy standing there as well.

Weird, we keep bumping into each other.

I walked up and grabbed a jug of milk for mom and placed it in the cart.

I began to turn my cart and walk the other way when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey," the boy began, "can I get your number? That is, if you're single."

I gave him a smile, "Yeah, sure. It's ***-***-****."

The boy quickly tapped the number into his phone.

"I'm C/N, by the way. What's your name?"

"I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you!"

"Okay Y/N, I'll look forward to calling you sometime."

"Wait! I don't have your number though, how will I contact you?"

"You can't. I guess you'll just have to wait." C/N gives me a wink and walks away.

I pushed my cart and started walking to the self-checkout.

~

I spent the rest of the day thinking about the boy from the grocery store.

What if he doesn't calls? That's gonna be real embarrassing.

I ended the night like any other day.

The next morning, I woke up thinking about C/N again.

I hated all this waiting for him to call, it always kept me on the edge of my seat.

Going to school actually became a good distraction for me. I was able to focus on the stress of school instead of the call.

The weekend had not come soon enough. I should've known that he wouldn't actually call me. I mean, it's really not that hard to send a text in the first place. If he wanted to, he would've done it.