46%

there's something both frightening and yet so very comforting about darkness. 

its in the way it hugs every curve of your body. how it forgives those mountains and plateaus that daylight does not.

in the darkness you can hide. you can hide from.. pretty much anything
so you turn off the lights. and you won't have to look in the mirror

if you shut the blinds and it'll seem like the sun stopped shining for everyone else too.

and its quiet. 
and its dark. 
and its lonely. 

but here's the thing.. it's not forever. this life of yours will not be defined by the moment in which you cease to exist

you can't see it now but.. it's got chapters and volumes and sequels.. and a future. 
and that body you're cloaking in shadows.. it's carved with so much beauty. 
and in the fog.. you're forgetting how bewitching your mind is.. one of a kindirreplaceable. 

in the darkness you can't see any of that.

so light it up. and ignite that spark. 

its not about being happy all of the time. its about recognizing those moments in which you really feel alive... and goosebumps crawl up your arms and you cant help but smile.

its that feeling when you hear the song on the radio that you were just thinking of. 
when you're running so fast, you feel like you can actually taste your heartbeat. 
in those singular moments where its so good, it feels as if your soul is rising from your body, looking down at you and saying 

remember this. this moment. this is who you are. you are not your grades, or your jean size, or anxiety or depression. you're not your past. not defined by a number or a phrase or a moment. 

you're a light. a sparkling, dazzling , electrifying glow. and you burn brighter than even the darkest of your shadows.

the darkness will return. thats just.. an inevitable fact. and you're gonna have moments of weakness, when you'll sit there wondering where the light went. 

but.. here's the secret..

that light.. it's you. and nobody can take that away.