𝙻𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚕𝚊 & 𝚅𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊

"What are you doing here?"

"Okaeri, Kei-kun!"

The Karasuno volleyball team's coach decided to end practice early since they will be needing to board the bus early tomorrow to Tokyo.

Tsukishima planned on packing his bag for the said camp that he went straight home right away.

To his surprise, Y/N is sitting on the couch by the living room, having a cup of tea with his mom and a plate of cookies on the coffee table.

"Okaeri, Kei. Y/N-chan is kind enough to give us cookies. You should have some."

His mom offered him a cookie but he declined by holding up a hand and shaking his head, turning on his heels to the stairs.

"Be careful. She may be trying to poison you too."

The younger girl protested but only uttered inaudible words with her cheeks puffed from munching on a cookie.

"Go bring this to him, Y/N-chan."

Tsukishima's mom handed her the plate of cookies then followed Kei up to his room.

Y/N knocked twice on the door before turning the knob and entering his room.

Placing the plate on his study table, she made sure to be out of his way while he's walking around the room to gather the necessities for the training camp.

Humming to herself on an upbeat tune, Y/N grabbed a book from the bookshelf that mostly books about dinosaurs, literatures, and old textbooks.

She plopped on the bed on her tummy while flipping on the pages of a picture book about dinasaurs, kicking her feet in the air.

Kei recognise this tune now since she's been humming the song for days now.

He went on grabbing some toiletries, his spare headphones he got as a present, and more clothes to stuff in his duffle bag.

"You know you sound like a baby whining, right?"

"Eh? But it's a good song. I just can't remember where I heard it and I can't seem to find the title because I forgot the lyrics too."

She resumed on humming after grabbing one of his notebooks from the desk and a pencil to try and drawing one of the winged dinosaurs from the book.

"Then just stop singing. What if it's a chant to summon a demon? I mean, not that I need more little demons in my room now."

He mumbled as he settle on the floor beside his bed so he can fold the clothes he chose to bring to the camp, while Y/N continued to draw at the back of his notebook.

"So demons love vanilla?"

"Vanilla?"

Kei stuffed his belongings on the duffle bag, pushing himself off of the floor so he can sit on the bed instead, taking a peak on what on earth she's doing.

Obviously, it is one of her attempts to draw again.

"Mhm. The only word I can remember on the song is vanilla then lalalala followed by lalalalala~"

"Why didnt you just seach for lalala online?"

Without breaking her focus, she heaved a heavy sigh. Feeling the mattress sink further beside her where Kei laid down.

"Believe me when I say that I did. But there's just too many songs with lalala."

"Don't worry, I believe you took your sweet time doing that."

Brushing the sarcasm aside, Y/N rested her chin on the palm of her hand while shading on the big eyes of her sketch.

She felt an arm around her and soft strands nuzzling on her arm.

"I'm gonna be away for a few days for the training. Don't do anything stupid while I'm away or I'll break up with you."

A soft chuckle sounded from her, adding some more claws to the dinosaur's arms and feet.

"Haaiiii~ don't overwork yourself too."

"Pfft. As if I'll waste too much energy for just a club."

"Hai, hai. Whatever you say, Kei-kun."

There was a comfortable silence between them after that.

Y/N finally finished her sketch after adding eyeglasses on the dinosaur. She's about to show her work to Tsukishima but she decided on doing so when she heard his soft breathing.

Pushing the notebook and book aside, she lay her head down on the mattress while facing his sleeping figure, and an arm still around her.

"Sleep well, Kei-kun. I love you."

-----

Coach Ukai gave the boys the signal to get in the bus already so they'll arrive in their camp on time. Except for Hinata and Kageyama who were left behind for their supplementary lessons and will just catch up to them with Tanaka's sister.

Settling down on one of the seats beside the window, Tsukishima yawned for the nth time that morning.

"Looks like you didn't get enough sleep, Tsukki. Are you excited for the camp too?"

Yamaguchi pointed out, sitting down beside him when Tsukishima removed his eyeglasses so he can wear the eyecover he brought along with him.

"Shut up, Yamaguchi."

-----

Kei didn't realise that he fell asleep as soon as his body met with the comfortable mattress of his bed.

The first thing he saw by the time he opened his eyes is the girl sleeping beside him.

Her sleeping figure rests without a care in the world and he always wonder how she can do that.

She always seems so carefree and having zero worries about the world, except for her Math exams.

Nevertheless, she always have a smile on her lips and his snarky remarks seems to never affect her.

It was frustrating.

"I hate you."

He silently confessed, pulling up the comforter to her arm at first but then decided to cover even her face.

Kei searched for his phone to find it on the bedside table, seating up from the bed with his back leaning on the headboard as he browsed on his phone.

Hours from scrolling and browsing the internet until the digital clock on his bedside table reads that he only have an hour to go to school for their ride. Luckily for him, he stumbled upon a song he was searching for while taking a bite on a cookie.

Matching the tune that they were just talking about.

"Vanilla lalala, huh?"

-----

Chapter's song:

堀江由衣 (Yui Horie)
バニラソルト (Vanilla Salt)

xx