-The classic shitty otome plot-

For my sixteenth birthday my parents' present was a console with a game called "The garden of white roses" an otome game with gorgeous and well drawn characters that was really popular among girls, I was not a fan of video games but a to disappoint them I pretended it was like the best gift in the world and started playing it.

As expected the story was the baffling trivia plot of any otome game. The protagonist was the classic heroine from a low social class, but she was distinguished by her innate ability to have light magic , really rare in the game, by entering the prestigious academy the heroine can decide between different "targets" that is the boy with she will have a cute, romantic relationship. Obviously the counterpart to everything was the villainess, duke's daughter, a beautiful and haughty girl who tormented the protagonist for her common origins, as well as the fact that the protagonist inevitably attracted the prince, with whom she's engaged. The villainess had dark magic to counterbalance the power of the heroine, at the end of the game no matter which route you take she will always be guided to destruction in the most atrocious ways, really a poor character.

The story was a disconcerting banality, it was literally the classic shitty plot of every otome game.

All the characters were the embodiment of stereotypes: Angelica the sweet heroine with pink and fluffy hair almost like cotton candy, Thomas the kind prince, he was tall, handsome with blue eyes and golden-blonde hair, Niven the brave knight, very muscular with scarlet red hair, impulsive and good in swordmanship, Edgar a very intelligent boy but quite thin and not suitable for physical combat with emerald green hair, Brian adept in the art of magic with cobalt blue hair and Selena the bad villainess beautiful with raven black hair, coming from a duchy she grew up spoiled and unrestrained, the creators did not have a minimum of originality WTF

The hair color of the main characters is important as it represent every target, the heroine at the end of the story will go to the royal garden, a beautiful place usually covered by white roses, based on the choices made by the player, the roses in the garden will turn in a different color: golden in the case of Thomas, red for Niven, green for Edgar and blue for Brian, shortly after the corresponding target will appear, declare his love and they lived happily ever after and bla, bla, bla..... so honeyed that I get diabetes.

However, if the player has made wrong choices and does not have a affection high enought with any of the targets, the roses will instead be black, so Selena will appears, she will immediately attack the heroine that to defend herself will end up killing Selena, taken by the sense of guilt of a person's murder, she will leave the state living an ordinary life as a commoner.......

Poor Selena even in the bad ending she'll end up killed ┐( ' д ' )┌

there is also an alternative ending where roses can turn pink as the heroine's hair. Angelica decides to remain alone and to dedicate her life becoming the saint and her figure will then be remembered for ever and ever. This is also my favorite ending, after all who gives a f*ck about love and romance? money and power are so much better

and where is the character in which I reincarnated?

The villainess had two followers Maryrose a really short and cute girl who was quite overweight for the society's standard in the game,she's Selena childhood friend and her loyal follower who would never betray even at the cost of her life, she will be used many times as a scapegoat by the villainess in most of the routes, or she will end up staying with her until the execution. The other follower was Shina or the character in which i reincarnated

She appeared at the second year of the academy, Her appearance stood out among all the characters, while the female characters were all quite short with Maryrose who was even shorter, Shina was much taller than all of them, as tall as the male characters, even surpassing Edgar who was the shortest among the male target by quite a bit. She was very thin giving the impression of being poorly fed, she looked almost like a bamboo cane as she was so thin and tall, her hair color was a silvery-white long up to the hips. For some unknown reason in the main game she also wore a veil that covered the entire lower part of the face, making only visible two bright purple eyes. Her character spoke very little, and she only remained beside Selena as if he were a ghost.

Her character didn't have a real role in the game, she just seemed like a shy and insecure girl who sometimes did the tasks that Selena asked her, sometimes tormenting the heroine too. In the end she will be executed with Selena and Maryrose, although I have to say I could almost fell empathy for her,as i could see she was not evil, her only fault was following the antagonist.

After finishing the various endings, I unlocked the side story of the related male character and as i had finished Edgar's happy ending with the heroine, i unlocked, Edgar's side story and unexpectedly also Shina's one. I didn't read the main characters' side stories because they didn't interest me but I was really curious about Shina's story

Shina von Icelind

Daughter of the Marquis Icelind, a very shy girl who was bullied for her excessive height by other noble girls from an early age, this only increased her discomfort and shyness to the point of hardly ever leaving her house. At the age of 12 she will be engaged to Edgar Miller, son of Count Miller. Shina while remaining very shy, will gradually begin to become more and more fond of Egar until she falls in love with him. At the age of 15, her height already far exceeded Edgar's, who despite loving Shina, could not help but be embarrassed, things got worse when Shina had her debut in society. Edgar was his companion as he was her fiance and the difference in height between Shina and Edgar became the object of ridicule by other nobles, humiliated Edgar decided to unilaterally cancel the engagement. From that day Shina fell into a very serious depression, in addition she tried to limit her consumption of food in order not to grow further in height causing eating disorders. At the peak of the depression she attempted suicide which fortunely failed but as a result of which she scarred the left side of her face. Rehabilitated At the age of 16 she began to attend the academy for nobles . Seeing Edgar dating a short girl, her insecurities resurfaced, becoming Selena's follower.

She's character is truly pitiful, due to a physical trait and her excessive shyness, such a good and kind girl will have a horrible end. i can understand how being teased about something you cannot change yourself must have been really painful, especially if this pain was caused by someone you love deeply

But now it's too late to regret

I don't know why I reincarnated in Shina, but one thing is certain, I will not miss this opportunity

I honestly don't care about things like friends and marriage

After having lived my whole life in the hospital I realized that the only people who will really be around you are only my parents, things like friends come and go will never remain faithful, even more so when it comes to love. I spent my entire life alone and spending another life time in the same way isn't hard for me

In this life I don't want to rely on anyone, I want to reach an important position and finally live a quiet life, doing all the things I haven't been able to do in my past life

Get married and start a family?

There is no chance I would do such a thing