Five

It was about 1130 when I finished writing his essay, everyone had left and Jack was playing on his Xbox.

Vee "I'm done."
Jack "You didn't have to do that you know?"
Vee "I know but you were gonna fail and if you want to go to college you need to start getting good grades."
Jack "Vee I'm not going to college."
Vee "Why not?"
Jack "It's just not for me."

I shrugged my shoulders and took my hair down, I put my clip in my purse and stood up.

Jack "You going home?"
Vee "Yeah it's late, but I'll see you tomorrow?"
Jack "I have to go to school tomorrow actually."
Vee "For what?"
Jack "I have to retake a test."
Vee "Good luck."

I walked downstairs and walked home, I grabbed my keys and unlocked the door. I went upstairs and changed into my pajamas, I sat in bed and scrolled through Instagram. There wasn't much and eventually got tired of it, so I opened my laptop and did some work for class.

I woke up and my computer was next to me open, I closed it and charged it. I got up and looked into Jacks window and he was gone, I decided to take a shower and have a self care day, I would probably end up going somewhere to calm myself. The first thing I did, was obviously take a shower and did some face masks. After I did my hair and got dressed, I was gonna go into the city to get some matcha since there wasn't any good matcha places here.

I was in the city and I grabbed my matcha, I checked to see what there was to do, I found this cool museum so I went to the subway and got on. It was kinda warm in  here but I didn't mind since up top it was cold and it could snow any day now. I counted how many rats I saw and by time I got off the subway I saw five, which wasn't bad, one time Jack and I counted and we saw 10.

As I was walking I found a cute pastry shop so I decided to grab something, I was beginning to get quite hungry. After that I was at the museum, it was really big and I posted a picture of it on Instagram.

I felt like I was lost in all the exhibits, I was in the exhibit that told us about the planets, I walked down to Venus to see what the description was for it.

Timotheé "Thought you would here."

I looked up and it was him, Timotheé, was he already here? Or did he see what I posted on Instagram and come running?

Vee "Why are you here?"
Timotheé "I saw on your story. I figured you were gonna be by yourself, so I came to accompany you."
Vee "Thank you."
Timotheé "My pleasure."

I grabbed him by his sweatshirt and dragged him to another exhibit.

Timotheé "Your rough aren't you?"
Vee "No I just know how to protect myself."
Timotheé "Who taught you?"
Vee "Myself."
Timotheé "Why, if you don't mind me asking?"
Vee "I was sexually assaulted when I was a freshman, and I have to see the guy who done it everyday."
Timotheé "I'm sorry."
Vee "It's not your fault, it mainly why I never talked to boys though. I've always focused on myself and my grades."
Timotheé "Do i make you uncomfortable?"
Vee "No, and I don't know why."

I smiled at him and he smiled back at me, I continued to look at the exhibit, we were now in the animal exhibit and he made a lot of jokes and it would always make me laugh for some reason.

He was funny and he had a weird charm to him, but I don't know why I felt safe with him. I had just met him a day ago in a coffee shop, I didn't expect to see him ever again after that.

We were at the last exhibit and we had gone to the gift shop.

Timotheé "You buying anything?"
Vee "Probably something small."
Timotheé "Why not big?"

He winked at me and I laughed, I picked up a ring and put it on.

Vee "You like it?"
Timotheé "Sure."

I grabbed a matching ring and put it on him, he already had some rings on and they were quite cool.

Timotheé "Your buying me a ring?"
Vee "Well how else would I remember this night?"
Timotheé "A picture maybe?"
Vee "Vous êtes parfois assez grossier?"
(Your quite rude sometimes, are you?)
Timotheé "Si vous habitez à New York, vous devez être impoli, n'est-ce pas?"
(If you live in New York, you have to be rude don't you?)
Vee "Very true Mr. Chalamet."

I heard my phone ringing and I grabbed it from my back pocket. It was Jack, he was wondering where I was, I was kinda scared to tell him but I told him and he was surprise I went to the City by myself. He hanged up shortly after and Timotheé handed me my ring.

Timotheé "Let's go."
Vee "I got to pay though."
Timotheé "I paid for it already."
Vee "You didn't have to pay for mine."
Timotheé "It's not an expensive ring."

I slipped the ring on my finger and we walked out the museum.

Timotheé "Where do you live?"
Vee "Staten Island."
Timotheé "Really?"
Vee "Yeah why?"
Timotheé "Interesting, I thought you lived in the city."
Vee "Nope i live with my mom."
Timotheé "Are you the only child?"
Vee "Yes and no, My brother passed a few years ago, so it's just been me and my mom ever since."
Timotheé "I'm sorry."
Vee "It's ok."

He moved me closer to the sidewalk since I was walking very close to the street. His hand felt cold on my back, I smiled knowing he couldn't see it because of my mask.

Timotheé "Where you going now?"
Vee "Probably home, unless you want to go somewhere."
Timotheé "Thought you'd never ask."

He grabbed my hand, and started dragging me down the street, I was kinda concern where he was taking me but I could trust him.

I didn't feel unsafe or uncomfortable with him, I knew that was probably bad because we've only knew each other for about a day...