Chapter 1

Nobody's POV

Nobody's POV

"Don't worry. I'll see you again, Y/N!!" The neko known as your best-friend grabbed his new owner's hand. You leaped up and again grabbed Isio's hand. "ISI!! You can't leave me here!! I'm your best friend forever RIGHT?!!!!" You couldn't handle the pain in your heart as Isio walked away. All your friends had been adopted, and no-one even gave you a second glance as they took away all that was precious to you. You walked to your ripped-up cot, and lay on it with tear stained eyes. Suddenly, the door opened again. Someone else was here to adopt another one of the neko's here. The other neko's, MaeHara, and Kaede, plus Sibero and Nicki frantically lined up, while you stayed on the cot, not bothering to even check out the person. After all no-one wants a beat-up endangered  sensitive neko.. You thought you were going to be stuck here, in a musty dark cellar, for your whole life, until you were old. Suddenly, you felt a hand on your shoulder. You looked up. It was Mae and Kaede. Mae opened her hand to reveal your favorite things to eat: Wax. You snatched them out of her hands and ate them. "Thanks Mae." You say, getting from off the cot. "I-We have good news.." Kaede said while looking down and kicking the ground. "Really? What is it!!?" You ask, even though you thought that it was going to be something lame. "The person outside wants to see you!!" It wasn't exactly exciting news, because you knew from experience, after they had one look at you, they were going to decide too....adopt MaeHara or Kaede... adopt..Mae..or.......Kaede...... You jump to you're feet. "What happens if they want to adopt on of you??? Then it'll just be me and only ONE of my bestfriends!!! And that won't be fair!!!!!!" You broke down sadly and began to sob. "Hey don't cry... that's for me... i'm supposed to cry... .and besides i don't wanna see you cry..."  AAY AYY!!!! UH-UH, LEAVE THE CRYING TO KAEDE. I WENT THROUGH ALL THE TROUBLE TO STEAL THOSE WAXES FOR YOU AND CRY 3 SECONDS LATER!!!! NOW GET UP, AND MEET THE MAN OUTSIDE OF OUR ROOM." "O-okay, sorry Mae..."  she uses a semi-dirty napkin to wipe your tears off. You take a deep breath and walk outside of the room you had grown up in. Outside, there was a teenager. You guessed he was about your age. His left side of hair was all white, while the other was fiery red. He also had two different eye colors; one icy blue and the other was a dull grey. He also had a scar over his grey eye. He wore black jeans and a white t-shirt. You were only half his size, if not littler. He kneeled down and gave you a small smile. You took two steps back , because you had never seen this guy before, and therefore he was new to you. "Hi. I'm Shoto Todoroki." he offers politely. You stare at him. Not saying anything, you wanted to see if he was going to do something fishy. When he didn't, you took a step towards him and said questionably, "T-todo-Todoroki?" "Heh, Yeah." You give him a small smile and take another step towards him. "Todo!" "Hm?" "I'm going to call you Todo!!"  "Oh, alright. You can call me that if you want." You give him a full smile and you notice his whole face is as red as a tomato. "Hey, your face is red! Is you're quirk tomato or something?" His face turns back to normal and he laughs quietly. "No. What's your name?"  ''Y/N!'' you say proudly. "And by the way, my quirk is Icarus. There is a lot of stuff that can go wrong with that quirk, but I  know how to use it pretty good for my age, so says Ms. Aro." "What's Icarus?"  "Look, i'll show you!" You say happily. Suddenly, two waxy wings sprout from your back. 

Y/N's POV

I smile proudly as I look back at my wings. I look at Todo to see his reaction, and he looks impressed. "Wow! So you have wings. Just like Hawks." "Like who??" I ask. "Hawks. He's a Pro Hero. Number 3, to be exact." "Oh. Okay." I say. "What's your quirk?" "Half Cold, Half  Hot. See, this side is Ice. The other side is fire." He spawned fire in one hand. "Wa-Waow!!" You winced. You could feel you're wings, which were close to your hands, melt away. Frightened, thoughts ran through your mind. 'Is he trying to burn my wings so that i can't flee while he kidnaps me?!!? And take me away from MaeMae and Kaede and Ms.Aro?!?!?!' You drew in your wings and ran to the door. Todo,shocked, stopped his quirk and asked me"Hey, Y/N! Where are you going? I didn't get to show you the other part of my quirk." . I looked at him and asked "Were you trying to burn my wings!?" 

Shoto's  POV

I- Burn her wings? I look at her with a confused look. She steps away from the door knob and takes a cautious towards me. "You melted my wings a little bit..." I wasn't understanding her. Burning her wings?! "Oh. I didn't mean to. I'm really sorry, Y/N." "It's okay Todo" she says. "Could you maybe pull out your wings? I wanted to see the material they were made out of." She starts to look back frightened. "It's alright. I want to be a hero. I would never hurt you." She quietly draws her wings and walks up to me. I look at her wings. I'm gonna melt them, but i'll put them back to your normal temperature in just 3 seconds, okay? I just wanna see the material.." She turns back around, rightened. "Y-you said you weren't going to hurt me.." I looked at her. "Do your wings hurt when they get melted?" "Mhm, when someone else does it it does, but when the sun melts them  it doesn't hurt." "So when did you develop your quirk? Two weeks ago? You seem to know a lot about it and have control over it more than most young people do."  "UM, I DEVELOPED MY QUIRK 10 YEARS AGO!!!"  She yells. "Oh, your not 5.?" "TODOROKI!" She screams, offended. "Okay, Okay." I quietly laugh. 

No-one's POV

"So, how would you feel if I adopted you?" Todoroki says, popping the big question. Your heart popped. It was the one thing you hoped he wouldn't ask, and yet he asked it. "U-ummmmm....My friends..my caretaker...everyone..I don't know..." "I've always wanted to get adopted, but now all my friends are gone...all i have is Mae and Kaede..they've stayed with me through all my tears and did everything for me and ...I would kinda....feel guilty if...if i just left them...I wouldn't know if I could see them again..." You say. "I would go with you and all...just i don't know if my friends would want me..too..." "Doesn't matter to us! You can adopt her Shoto!!" You turn around to see Mae and Kaede. "H-hah! Don't i get a say in this?!" you ask Mae frantically. "Nnnnooppppeeeee!~" she says. "You're gonna get adopted ! Aren't you excited?"  "I don't know if i wanna leave you guys though.." Mae grabbes your shoulders and holds them tight. "Remember when we played house 10 years ago and said that if one of us got a adoption invite, we would be happy for them? This is your first one!! You HAVE to accept. Me and Kaede won't be happy if you don't! And besides we WILL see each other again. I swear it." Kaede chimed in to make you feel better. "And when you do, we can all have a tiny party!! Just the three of us! I could eat cupcakes, Mae could eat ice-cream and you could eat the wax cubes out of the package, nice and fresh!" "W-wax cubes?" Todoroki says. 'I didn't hear that right. He said Ice cubes, right out of the..ice tray...nice and cold..' Todoroki thinks. "OKAY.OKAY, I'LL GET ADOPTED.'' You say. "REallY" Kaede say. "REALLY??!!" Mae says. "Yes...I guess.." You three hug and hug and hug. Finally, you turn to Todoroki. "I'm going to pack. It'll take only 5 minutes." "Okay, great." Todoroki says, smiling. You go to your room, and open your suitcase. You put in your ball, your paintings and drawings, your clothes, and your favorite wax container. That type of wax was no longer selling in stores, so you kept the container which helped you sleep at night. You smelled it for good luck before putting it back in the suitcase. You put in the old-school rag dolls you had made at age 4. And pictures of you, Mae, Kaede, Isio, Sibero and Evie {Sibero and E vie and Isio are your old friends} in a blue transparent pencil case and the case goes on your suitcase. You close the suitcase, and sit on the worn-out yellow cot. Mae and Kaede comes in with wax cubes for you. Happily you ate them all up like candy and smiled. As you swalloed the last cube of wax, you and your best-friends hug again. You all share a couple of more tears before you guys all walk out of the door {The care-taker was out getting meatbuns} Shoto put your suitcase in the back and you guys drove off. You zipped up your jacket and waved to your friends in the window, and watch as all the buildings zip bye. You wonder where your life is going next as you slowly dozed off....