Chapter 21

Ray POV:

Hoseok turned and looked at Ray with a strange expression, but shook it off and smiled at her. "Come on," he said leading her to the table he had reserved. It was tucked away into a small private room. Ray smiled at the sweet gesture. She hadn't realized how challenging it would be to date an idol. Hoseok was recognized everywhere he went. It was frustrating for the both of them.

They sat down at the table and a waiter in white button down shirt came over to the table. "Welcome. Can I start you off with something to drink?" he asked politely.

Ray looked down at the menu and ordered a glass of ice water with Hoseok ordering the same. She scanned the menu, looking at all the choices.

Hoseok pointed to something on the menu. "This is my favorite. I get it every time I come here," he said with a smile.

Ray gave him a bright smile back. "Then that's a good enough reason for me to try it," she replied. The waiter came back after a couple of minutes to take their order. While they waited for their food, Ray told Hoseok a little bit more about her family. "I really miss my siblings. Emma is only 3 years younger than me so we were always close growing up," she said.

Hoseok took Ray's hand across the table. "I really miss my sister too. It's been almost a year since I've seen her. She's a model with her own clothing line so she is just as busy as I am. It makes it hard to connect with her sometimes," he said with a sad smile.

Ray squeezed his hand. It was nice to know that someone understood how she felt about the whole situation. She would be returning to the United States in just about 7 months. It was not really something she wanted to think about right now. She wanted to focus on the time she had with Hoseok. Who knew where it would go after this?

The food arrived and the pair dug in. Hoseok laughed at Ray's attempts to use chopsticks before helping her. She was determined to use them and refused the fork that Hoseok requested on her behalf.

After lunch, they sat in the restaurant and talked a little bit longer before Ray looked down at her watch. She was enjoying the time so much with Hoseok that she hadn't realized how quickly time was passing. They had been sitting in the restaurant for over two hours. Ray was a bit sad since had to be at work at 4. "Hobi, I've had so much fun, but I have to get back to my apartment and start getting ready for work," Ray said, a small smile on her face.

Hoseok nodded in understanding and stood up. He had taken care of the bill when he snuck out to the bathroom a short while ago, so they were ready to leave. Ray reached into her purse for money, but Hoseok waved it away. Ray realized what he had done and hugged his arm in thanks. She backed away blushing when she had realized what she had done.

Hoseok led Ray out to the SUV and opened the door so she could climb in. Hoseok climbed in afterwards and scooted close to Ray. Although they had held hands many times and cuddled on her couch during movies, Ray's heart still fluttered at Hoseok's close proximity to her.

They talked a little more on the way back to Ray's apartment, just enjoying each other's company. Hoseok walked Ray to the door, following her inside for a moment. Ray turned as Hoseok closed the door, her eyes wide in surprise. She shivered at the smirk on Hoseok's face.

"I couldn't very well leave without a proper kiss now, could I?" Hoseok asked. "And I didn't want to kiss you in front of the driver. That would have been a tad weird."

Ray's heart jumped in her chest at his words then stopped completely when he pulled her close, pressing his lips to hers. Ray closed her eyes at the feel of his soft lips on hers. After kissing her for a moment, Hoseok pulled back, running a finger down her cheek then hugged her tightly. "I love you Ray," he said sweetly.