Chapter 24

Ray POV:

Christmas Eve came and Ray was sitting in her apartment, waiting for Hobi to come pick her up. Jin and the rest of the members had invited Ray to spend Christmas Eve with them before they left in the morning to spend a few days with their families. Jimin and Jungkook were flying to Busan. Taehyung and Yoongi were heading to Daegu. Jin and Namjoon were going to visit Namjoon's family in Dongjak-gu before heading to Gwaechon to see Jin's parents and his brother. Hoseok hadn't mentioned going to see his family yet, but Ray knew that was the plan. He had said his sister, Dawon, had taken a few days off work and was heading home. Ray knew Hoseok was excited to see her.

Ray picked up the giftwrapped box from the table. Although Jimin had assured her that Hoseok would love the gift, she was extremely nervous to give it to him. It wasn't anything super expensive and she knew he was used to wearing jewelry that costs thousands of dollars. He even wore an expensive watch.

Ray jumped as she heard the soft knock on the door. She smoothed down her emerald green sweater and stood up, heading to the door. Hoseok was on the other side, a bright sunny smile on his handsome face.

He stepped into the house and immediately pulled Ray into his arms. "Merry Christmas my beautiful girl," he said, kissing her gently. "You look beautiful."

Ray had paired her sweater with a pair of black pants that were a little dressier than jeans. "You look pretty handsome yourself," Ray said, glancing down at Hoseok's clothes. He had on a white t-shirt underneath a plaid jacket and dark blue dress pants. She was so used to seeing him in either jeans or comfortable sweats, it was a treat to see him a little dressed up.

Hoseok hugged her again. "I love this sweater! It's so cuddly," he said then pouted. "I'm really going to have to keep you away from the guys tonight."

Ray smiled at his declaration. "I wanted to give you your present before we leave if that's okay," she said, a bashful smile on her face.

Hoseok's face lit up and he pulled a small gift-wrapped box from his pants pocket. "Good. Cause I wanted to do the same," he replied.

Ray and Hoseok moved to the sofa and sat next to each other. Ray handed him the box nervously. "Here. You go first," she said, looking down at the hem of her sweater.

Hoseok took the box and tore off the wrapping paper. He lifted the lid on the long velvet box and his face broke out in a happy smile. He lifted the thick chain from its cushiony bed. "This is amazing!" he said. "I love it!"

Ray looked up at his face, seeing the truth in his eyes. "You really like it?" she asked hesitantly.

Hoseok nodded then pulled her close. "I love it. And I love it even more that you picked it out for me. You saw it and thought of me. That means a lot to me," he said, his voice soft. He handed Ray the small box he had pulled from his pocket.

Ray carefully picked at the wrapping paper, pulling it away from the dark red velvet box. She lifted the lid and her mouth dropped open. Draped across the velvet cushion was the prettiest chain Ray had ever seen. It was a think gold chain, holding a solid gold heat. On the heart, 사랑해 was engraved. "It's beautiful. What does it mean?" she asked, knowing her Hangul was terrible.

Hoseok lifted the chain from the box, rubbing his finger across the heart. "It means 'I love you,'" he said.

Ray's eyes filled with tears and she threw her arms around his neck. "I love you Hobi. So much," she said.

Hoseok's POV:

Hoseok watched his beautiful girlfriend's eyes fill with tears before she launched herself at him, burying her face in his neck. Hoseok pressed his lips to her hair, loving the smell of her shampoo, the feel of her arms around his neck, the way her tears leaked onto his face, everything. There is nothing he wouldn't do for this girl and it scared the hell out of him.

Ray pulled back and gave Hoseok a watery smile. "I love you Ray," Hoseok said, his voice full of conviction.

"Can you help me put it on?" Ray asked, gesturing towards the chain.

Hoseok motioned for her to turn around. Ray lifted her long curls off her neck and Hoseok fastened the chain. She let down her hair and Hoseok pulled her back into his arms, wrapping his arms around her waist. "How about we skip dinner with the members and just stay here and cuddle?" he asked, half joking, half serious.

Ray squeezed the arms that were around her waist for a moment, but then untangled herself and turned to him. "As much as I would like to, I promised Jin I would come," she said.

Hoseok sighed then stood up and pulled her to her feet. "Yeah I guess you're right," he said.

Ray reached down next to the table and picked up several small boxes. "Ray, what are those?" Hoseok asked, already knowing what it was.

Ray shrugged. "Ummm... I picked up some extra hours at the restaurant and picked up a couple things for the rest of the guys," she said hesitantly.

Hoseok knew how hard she worked for her money and it made his heart full to know that she had used her hard earned money to buy Christmas presents for his members. "Ray, you didn't have to," he said to her.

Ray nodded. "I know, but this is the first Christmas I'm away from my family. It helps me feel a little better," she said with a small smile.

"Do I tell you I love you enough?" Hoseok asked, tugging her, boxes and all into his arms.

Ray tilted her head. "Hmmm..." she said. "Yes, but I don't mind if you say it more."

Hoseok pressed his lips to hers in a quick kiss. "I love you. So damn much. I promise to make sure you always know that," he said.