💘💘💘 PART TWO - Moving On 💘💘💘

"Mommy. Mommy, can we go outside and play?"

  "I'm coming, baby. Oh, and offload the canned sardines before anything. The mangoes should go in the crates." I said to the caller and ended the call.

  "Mommy," Alexa, my daughter called again, and I looked down at her.

  "Baby, what's that? And where's Alex?" I rolled my eyes around for him.

  "Ally's with aunt Maya, Mommy."

  I smiled and carried her. "Is that so, baby? Why aren't you with them, then?"

  "Cause Alex is making fun of me again." She rubbed her eyes.

  "Oh, he's just playing, baby. And no. You can't go outside. You know what Mommy says about going out to play."

  "I know." She said with a frown, as she played with her fingers.

  "How about this, hm? When we're done having lunch, we can go get some ice cream. You like that, huh?"

  "Uh-huh. Then we can go to the playground. Jason and Suzy will be there."

  "Of course, baby. Anything for you." I kissed her cheek.

  "Mommy. Mommy, where are you?" Tiny feet scampered towards us.

  "Oh, baby, stop running..."

  "Ooh... Ally's in trouble!" Alexa made fun of him, and I gave her left cheek a pinch.

  "Oh, stop teasing your brother, you. You want something, hon?" I looked down at Alex, and he answered with arms folded and face squeezed.

  "No,"

  "Oh, look who's being silly,"

  "Alexa?"

  "Oopsie!" The little girl laughed and buried her face in her palms.

  "Now, baby, what's with that face?"

  "Lexi broke my toy car." He whined, and they began arguing.

  "Did not!"

  "Did too!

  "Did not!

  "Did too!

  "Not!"

  "Too!

  "No -"

  "Okay, okay, guys. What really happened?" I brought Lexi down and made to listen.

  Turned out Alexa was the one that broke it, and after confessing to me that it wasn't intentional, she apologized to her brother, and they both hugged.

  "There. Now give Mommy a kiss." I positioned my cheeks as they planted a kiss on them together.

  Maya, my housekeeper, walked downstairs some minutes later, and I asked her to take them outside for a while... only for a while.

  Alex and Alexa were the charming angels God has blessed me with. They were six and a half years old and the thought of them growing up really fast made me happy.

  Alexa looked a lot like me while Alex had most of his father's features, that wasn't hidden. Sometimes, when I looked back at what had gone on in the past, I couldn't help but feel sorry about not telling Ian that I was pregnant when I left home. Well, at least my babies were better off without him.

☆ ~~~ ☆ ~~~ ☆ ~~~ ☆

  "Mommy,"

  "Mm, baby?"