Chapter 9

The rest of the week passed uneventfully. I did spend a lot of time with the Lost Boys as the rest of the school called them. When I asked them why they were called the Lost Boys, they just shrugged and looked uncomfortable.

My foot finally stopped hurting every day which was immensely helpful for walking to classes without help although that didn't stop Stone from touching me on the arm, or hands or shoulders all the time. I could tell the other boys wanted to as well but one look from Stone, and they kept their hands to themselves. I didn't understand why touches from Stone didn't bother me like they did from most people. I did realize that all the boys made me feel comfortable and safe and included, something I had never really felt with anyone except Anne.

I was packing my stuff for the weekend to spend with Fala and Mika and their family on the Tribe land on the edge of Weverland. Saint sat at my desk organizing all the paper animals he had made for me. It was starting to look like my own personal zoo, soon there would be more animals than desk. I stopped packing and started to wonder where I would keep them.

"Penny for your thoughts," Saint smiled at me, catching me off guard. He rarely smiled.

My head turned to the side, "A penny? Can you buy anything with a penny?"

He chuckled, "It's a saying Wren. It just means I'd like to know what you're thinking about."

"Well, first I was thinking about what I should bring. This is all so new to me. Then I was thinking will it be cold this weekend? Will we be outside? I only have a hoodie. Also do I need to bring my sheets? I've never spent the night at a friend's house before," I took a breath to continue but Saint cut me off with a laugh.

"You definitely do not need to bring sheets, Little Bird. Yes, bring any jacket you have but whatever you don't have, Fala will have extra," Saint stood. He crossed over to my bed and started looking through my stuff. I grabbed the bag quickly when he got to the bottom, and I saw a glimpse of the pale pink cotton panties and bra set that I had packed. I could tell from the mirror hanging over the back of my door that my neck and face were bright pink and just at that moment the door swung open and in walked Phoenix, followed by Luck, Legend and Stone.

Stone walked over to me and put his hand on my cheek, "Why are you all red?"

I looked down. I did not want to meet his eyes right now.

"She was just finishing packing," Saint told them. He started to shove the stuff he had taken out of the bag back into the bag. He was making such a mess of it that I grabbed his arm and then took the bag from him. Everyone stopped talking and stared at me. I looked down and realized that my hands were touching Saint's arm.

I put the bag down on my bed and took the top layers of stuff out of the bag and repacked it neatly.

"How did you all get in here? I know Saint sneaks, but how did the rest of you?" I asked them. I looked at each of them, and I could have sworn that their faces had turned as pink as mine.

Phoenix answered for all of them, "The dorm mother likes us."

"Do you come here often?" I asked, I wasn't really paying attention to the conversation but instead was trying to pack everything neatly back into my bag and trying to remember anything that I had forgotten. I didn't wear makeup or dressy clothes, so it wasn't like I had that much. I had packed two changes of clothes, a small toiletry set and a book to read, just in case.

I heard a small cough and looked up to realize they had said something, but I hadn't been paying attention. I didn't think they understood what this sleep over meant to me. It was a big deal for me. This would be the first time I had ever been invited over to a friend's house or met a friend's family. This was the first time I had ever even had a real friend.