11. Stranger Soulmate

Not proofread. Ignore the mistakes please~

" No matter what happens, you will keep your identity a secret".

"-hyung"

"-aehyung"

"Prince Taehyung!"

Taehyung was shaken out of his thoughts by Jimin's voice.

"S-sorry Jimin. What were you saying?"

"What were you thinking about Taehyung?" Jimin asked worriedly.

He saw how Taehyung got lost in his thoughts while he was explaining about the cavern near the next town they'll be staying in.

"Nothing for you to worry about Jimin. Now, what were you saying? Please continue". Taehyung said.

"Okay, If you say so. And I was saying that we won't be able to continue our journey for tonight as the guards that were sent ahead to check and clear the path for us haven't returned yet, and they're 30 minutes late than their meetup time, so it's safe to assume that the next town is not safe for us to travel through. Therefore, we'll be staying in the cavern-

"Wait!" Taehyung interrupted. "Cavern? Are you sure that you're not talking about a tavern?"

Jimin was not happy with the interruption. But he knew where Taehyung was coming from. In a cavern, they'll be defenseless. They'll be alone in the jungle at night, with no one to help them, except for their guards. But -

"There's no tavern in the town that we're passing through right now, Taehyung. And there's no tavern in between this town and the next town, the cavern that is visible on the map is our safest best for now. So yes, I'm talking about a cavern and not a tavern" Jimin said.

"And before you ask me How is the cavern safe for us to stay, if it's on the map? then let me tell you that this is the royal map, no one in our pack has this map except for the royal family and me. So we can assume that it's safe for us to stay for a night."

"I was not going to ask an- " Taehyung saw how Jimin was looking at him. He was practically daring him with his eyes to prove him wrong.

Taehyung sighed and dropped the topic.

"Ah. Okay then. How far are we from the cavern then? It would be better for us to travel by foot instead of the carriage. The Guards must be tired by now. They've carried this carriage for more than 5 hours now". Taehyung asked.

"We're still at a half-hour distance from the cavern, and Taehyung are you forgetting the reason why we're traveling with this carriage? You're pretending as a groom. This is a marriage set up for your safety Taehyung. You can't travel on foot, it will risk your safety." Jimin replied.

Taehyung sighed. He was against this idea from the start but Jimin convinced him to follow through with his plan of pretending as a groom. The guards and their horses are also dressed up like they're on their way for the marriage.

"Okay, Can I ride the horse then?" Taehyung asked. He wasn't expecting Jimin to agree with his plan. But, to his surprise, Jimin agreed.

But on two conditions. They both will ride one horse and they both will wear a mask to hide their face. He wasn't not going to risk his prince's safety. Jimin knew that the guards carrying the carriage were getting tired and besides the cavern was not that far anyway, so he reluctantly agreed.