I Grow a Tail

I woke up still feeling tired but I know if I go back to sleep it will make no difference, I crack my eyes open to see I'm back in the room that I first woke up in, the infirmary room. I take a quick look around and see that there are three other people in the room with me. The girl that was hugging me, Poseidon and Amphitrite they seemed to be having a discussion. None of them have noticed me yet though.

I groan as I try to get up and suddenly the voices stopped talking and all the attention is on me. I see three concerned faces come into my vision the girl with falling eyes, my dad and Amphirite.

"I didn't know Perseus, when I was there your mother was nothing but loving and kind. I never thought she would turn out like this, I never came to visit you for your safety. You see there are these things called the ancient laws we all must abide by them and it says gods are not allowed to see there mortal children. But I don't care anymore I want you here with me and your family." Dad said as he sat beside me on the bed with tears in his eyes and his tail curling nervously.

I sat there in shock and happiness because he didn't leave because he doesn't love me but because he was forced to. Without thinking I launched myself at him wrapping my arms around his neck burying my face in his shoulder and let out all my pent up emotions and just cried. After about ten minutes I finally disentangle myself from him and looked down embarrassed. A soft hand on my chin brought me out of my stupor. I looked up to see the face of my dads wife, with a soft look on her face. Naturally I said the first thing that came to my mind.

"I'm sorry my dad cheated on you, no one deserves that kind of pain. Especially someone as nice as you. The goddess of the gentle seas." I said in a soft of with a small sad smile on my face. I look up and see a shocked expression on all three of their faces. Suddenly her face broke out to a huge gin and she hugged me.

"We would like you to stay here and live with us under the sea Perseus. Where you could learn to use your powers and sea magic to help those here in the city and become a ruler and hero. So you can be powerful enough to face the prophecy when it comes." I couldn't believe what I was hearing they actually wanted me here. They want me to be one of their family. I noticed when she said prophecy dad and the other girl stiffened. It must be bad but they'll tell me when it's the right time.

"If I did stay would you be my mother?" I asked with a little hopefulness in my voice. This seemed to catch her off guard though as she stiffened, I thought I'd made a massive mistake and was about to apologise when she broke out to an even bigger grin then was on her face earlier.

"I would love to be your new mother. I'd like to officially adopt you which would make you as much my son as you are your father's?" She asked in a soft voice. I could do nothing but nod.

"I Amphitrite goddess of the seas and Queen of Atlantis here by adopt Perseus son of Poseidon as my blood son. So let it be." She spoke in Ancient greek each word laced with power. As she finnished speaking I started to glow a glacial blue the same colour as her eyes. As the glow faded into my skin I felt more powerful, a greater connection to the sea and tallerer. When Amphitrite handed me a mirror to look at myself I gasped. My hair had grown longer and was now a deep shade of blue almost black and down to just below my shoulders. My original sea green eyes now had a ring of glacial blue bursting out from the pupil like a snow flake. I left forward and hugged her with all my strength.

"So will you stay with us Perseus?" Dad asked me, I nodded but then got a thoughtful look on my face.

"If I'm going to stay here can I get a tail too otherwise I would stick out so much?" I questioned. Dad just got a proud look on his face.

"Ofcourse you can, I can give you the power to shift into a mer form now if you would like but it will hurt quite a bit." I just nodded my head with a look of determination. Dad started muttering word under his breath and suddenly I started to glow sea green thats when the pain started  to my credit I didn't scream and only flinched slightly through the excruciating pain. My legs started to fuse together into a tail. Finally the pain faded as well as the glow, when it was gone I looked down at myself to sea a tail that was green at the top but fades to blue the further down till it turns into a deep glacial blue where the fin starts. My skin now has a slight green tint.