2 - Diagon Alley and The Hogwarts Express

Harry and (Y/n) work up early and excited the next morning, ready for Hagrid to take them to a place that he said was called "Diagon Alley." He said it was where Harry and (Y/n) could buy all the school supplies they needed.
Hagrid: Ah good, you two are awake. I made some sausages for breakfast if you want them. Do you two have your lists?
Harry and (Y/n) quickly found their lists and read them to themselves:

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Uniform
First Year Students will require:
Three sets of plain work robes (black)
One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
Please note that pupil's clothing should bear name tags

Set Books
All students should have a copy of each of the following
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) By Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment:
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring a magical or non-medical pet with them to accompany them, throughout their school years

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

(Timeskip brought to you by Hagrid doing more illegal magic to get off the island)

Hagrid: Professor Quirell!
(A/n I'm going to write Quirell normally as well as your boi needs his fingers and Im gonna skip gringotts, and everything but Flourish and Blotts, Ollivanders and Magical Menagerie as they are the only other places interesting things will happen and the only reason I am skipping Madam Maulkins is I really can't stand Draco Malfoy, don't get me wrong the character design is phenomenal,  but it is because the character design is so good that I hate him, also he was horrible to Hermione as well)
Quirell: Ah Hagrid! And you two must be Harry and (Y/n) Potter.
Harry and (Y/n): Yep/Yes
Hagrid: Harry, (Y/n), Professor Quirell will be your Defence against the Dark Arts Teacher

(Timeskip brought to you by a wild train ride underground to Harry and (Y/n)'s Gringotts Vaults to get them some money)

Flourish and Blotts. That was the name of the Shop Harry and (Y/n) stood in front of. (Y/n) could barely contain his excitement, as he had always been a bit of a bookworm and the idea of books on magic and potions and all sorts of wondrous things made him want to read every book in the store, so instead of buying just the books he needed, he also bought every more advanced version of every book on his list, and some books named: The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Magick Moste Evile, The Monster Book of Monsters... Let's just say he bought one of every book in the shop. Harry just stood their bored as he waited for his twin to finish his purchases and then they headed down the alley to Ollivander's, the wand shop.

Harry and (Y/n) entered the shop and was instantly hit with the smell of dust and old people as they entered the shop. They walked straight to the front counter and rung the little bell. Ollivander then hobbled out from the back of the shop and to the front counter.
Ollivander: Ah Mr and Mr Potter, good day to you both. It seems just like the other day your mother and father entered the shop to buy their own wands. And, might I add, you two look almost the spitting image of your father, except for your eyes, you have your mothers eyes. Oh and we mustn't forget you being Ginger like your mother as well Mr (Y/n).
Ollivander then proceeded to hand the boys every wand in the shop until their wands had picked them. Harry's wand was Holly and Phoenix Feather, eleven inches and Ollivander described it as, "nice and supple". (Y/n)'s on the other hand was Elder and Thestral Hair, thirteen and a half inches and Ollivander described it as "strong but flexible".
Ollivander: Extraordinary!
Harry and (Y/n): What is?
Ollivander: Both of your wands have a twin wand, Harry yours being the twin of Lord Voldemort himself, and I am sure you two know who he is. (Y/n) yours, on the other hand, is the twin wand to none other than Professor Albus Dumbledore, arguably the greatest wizard in history. Yes we can expect very big things fro. The both of you.
With that, Harry and (Y/n) played for the wands and made their way to the last shop of the day: Magical Menagerie. Here they would pick out an animal to accompany them throughout their Hogwarts lives. They both entered the shops, and Harry was instantly drawn to a rather large, female snowy owl, that he bought immediately and named Hedwig