3 - The Sorting and The First Friday

(A/n Warning, Talk of Heavy Abuse and Self-Harm. Viewer discretion is advised. You have been warned. Also this one is going to be a long one, so buckle up)

Hagrid: All right first years. This way. Come on don't be shy. This way.
Once all the first years had arrived Harry, (Y/n) and Ron set off towards the castle but not on the path.
Hagrid: Alright everyone. 3 to a boat.
Harry and Ron got into a boat with the "Neville" boy and (Y/n) was looking around for a boat with a seat free. He noticed, rather quickly, that Hermione was sat all by herself in a boat, feeling upset but not showing it. Hang on a minute, how did he know how she was feeling? Anyway, (Y/n) approached Hermione's boat and as he did he noticed her eyes lit up.
(Y/n): This seat taken?
He pointed to the seat on Hermione's right.
Hermione, blushing slightly: O-oh not at all.
(Y/n) thought that her stuttering was odd as when they met on the train she seemed like a very confident, outgoing person, from the way she presented herself, but he didn't question it. As Hermione and (Y/n) made small talk about Muggle culture and what they thought they would learn, Hagrid got into the boat and smiled as he watched the two converse, as if they were old friends. It only felt like seconds later that Hermione and (Y/n) looked up from their conversation, mainly because Neville had shouted, "TREVOR" at what seemed like the top of his voice. It was only then they noticed that they were in the Great Hall, next to Harry and Ron, who smirked as they watched the two blush slightly when the redhead and brunette realised just how long they had been talking for.
???: In a minute, I am going to lead you into the great hall, where you are going to be sorted into one of four houses: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.
(Y/n) noticed that the speaker was a very strange-looking woman but he could tell that she was kind and caring on the inside. Again, HOW DID HE KNOW THIS?
???: So it's true then. The Potter Twins have come to Hogwarts.
Whispering broke out amongst the students. (Y/n) and Harry noticed that instead of the speaker being the woman, this time it was a boy their age. (Y/n) instantly recognised him from Madam Maulkins, and knew that he was about to say something unkind, but under his cold front, was a warm, compassionate, brave but scared, lonely and abused boy, which made him question what happened to him.
???: My name is Draco Malfoy and these two are Crabbe and Goyle.
Ron snickered at his name.
Draco: What you think my name is funny? Hand me down robes, Red Hair and Freckles. You must be a Weasley. You two should learn who to keep company with, you don't want to mix in with the wrong families. I can help you there.
The boy held out his hand to Harry.
Harry: I think I can tell the wrong sort do my own thanks.
A mixture of betrayal and pain flashed briefly across the boy's face, which made (Y/n) even more curious about him. Draco the turned to (Y/n).
Draco: What about yo-

Before Draco could finish, he fell to the floor, and (Y/n) stood up, unmoving, not even blinking as flashes of Draco's life appeared before both of their eyes. He first saw Draco as a young boy, cowering in a corner, as a shadow with long hair stood above him, belt in hand. It skipped quickly to the face of the shadow as a whipping sound could be heard, desperate pleas and cries for help and the screams of pain coming from Draco's mouth. It cut forward to Draco around age 7, being forced to use the unforgivable curses by, what looked like, his father, as tears started to stream down his face. Whenever Draco would refuse, either a belt would strike him viciously in the back or a punch would fly into his gut. At one point, what looked like, Draco's mother ran forward to help Draco, but his father grabbed his own wand and used the Cruciatus Curse on her, leaving her screaming and writhing on the floor and, as punishment to his son for stopping, use the cruciatus curse on Draco, sneering at the screams coming from his mouth. Draco's father then used the Imperius curse on him, forcing him to take a kitchen knife and starting cutting his mothers arms and legs, whilst Draco,s mind screamed and cried for him to stop but his mouth uttered no words. It skipped to another scene, showing Draco and his mother sobbing, whilst Draco helped his mother clean up and bandage the knife wounds riddled across her arms and legs, unknown to them that the families elf watched, forbidden to help, as tears streamed down his own face. The scene morphed into an older Draco, around 10, crying in a bathroom and cutting his arms, legs, chest and stomach with a small-bladed pocket knife, whilst muttering to himself that he deserved it. (Y/n) could feel everything he felt in those moments, all the abuse, all the fear... all the pain.
???: Protego!