Christmas Special🎄 (Part 1)

Hi y'all! So this is the first chapter of the Christmas special!This special was probably have 2-3 chapters since Christmas is in 8 DAYS! Also, this was all be in Marella's POV and it takes place 2 years ago in the story.
~ harrypotterforlife26

       "Marella, time to wake up!!!! You were supposed to be volunteering at the Christmas village 2 hours ago! Get up already!" my mom yelled, loudly enough for Japan to hear her.
       I rolled my pale blue eyes and pulled my covers over my head. Ughhhh, I never understood why my mom  was so enthusiastic about Christmas. It only reminded about the day my dad left for good.
    When I was 6 years old, my dad and mom got into a massive argument on Christmas day. It got so bad  that he ended up packing up and leaving my mom and I. He never came back. Never called. Never bothered to come home.
    My heart ached as I pictured the scene once again. Ever since that day, I had hated Christmas. Whereas, Christmas was my mom's favorite time of the year. She would go all out decorating and always signed me up to all sorts of Christmas jobs at the annual Christmas village.
     "MARELLA ADENE REDEK WAKE UP THIS INSTANT!" my mom screamed, charging into my room like an angry bull, her usually neat golden air was messy and her bright blue, usually full of joy and excitement, were tear stained.
  Mom had been crying?
  "Fineeee," I groaned as I slowly dragged myself off my four poster bed. Ugh, today was not going to end well.

ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ •      ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ
20 𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓼. 𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 ~ 𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓼 ❄️☃️ 𝓿𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓰𝓮

ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ •      ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

          I huddled in my crimson red puffer coat as the cold winter air blew. The snow was almost up to my knees and the tree branches were completely frozen. ( btw, is it snowing by you guys? I live in the Caribbean, so it literally never snows 😭. Anywaysssss, back to the story!)
          A few minutes later, the Christmas village came into view. Loads of Christmas lights were strung around the town park, an inflatable Santa stood at the entrance and people were singing Christmas carols, I had to admit the venue looked incredible, but it wasn't enough to get me into the Christmas spirit.
      " Wow, Marella you actually came," my best friend, Linh, smiled as she ran to give me a hug. Linh had always been there for me, through the good times and bad. She was the only person I ever really trusted.
       " Yea, my mom forced my to come volunteer. So, what do we have to do?" I questioned.
       " Before I show you what we have to do, I think you might want to meet someone first," Linh giggled, making me raise my eyebrows at her. Quickly, she pulled my hand and led me through the crowd.
        Finally, we stopped at the photo booth. " Umm Linh, where's the mysterious person you're talking about?" I asked as one million thoughts filled my brain.
     All of a sudden, a boy with luscious brown hair and bright teal eyes walked towards me. He flashed my a movie star worth smile. I was frozen - he was surprisingly " attractive".
    " Marella, this is Fitz. He's here from Los Angeles for winter vacation. He's your partner," Linh explained.
    " Huh? What partner?" I asked, my heart pounding against my chest. My legs  began to get wobbly.
     " This year, the organizers of the Christmas village decided to pair people up to do different tasks around the community as a bonding exercise. They said it would bring more Christmas cheer. Don't ask me, I'm just following my instructions," Linh replied, raising her eyebrows at me as she saw me staring at Fitz wide eyed.
    Quickly, I snapped out of my daze and remarked, " Hi Fitz. I'm Marella. Nice to meet you."
    " Nice to meet you too, Marella," Fitz answered, shaking my hand. My heart fluttered as he flashed another perfect smile. I smacked myself - I couldn't be falling for some stupid boy. I hid my face behind my hair.
   " Well, I'll leave you two to it," Linh stated, waving as she walked towards the crowd.
      " Well then, let's get started," Fitz smiled, slowly reaching for my hand.
       Maybe this Christmas would be different after all.

Hope you guys enjoyed! Sorry this chapter was short, the next chapter will be wayyy longer! Vote and comment if you want to!
Baiii!
[harrypotterforlife26]