Notifikation

Some don't care, which I don't get. How can you not care about finding your soulmate? Your only partner that matters. Everything before is just practice or for fun. This is when the real work begins. I must admit the system is a bit weird. Some people wait years, some wait minutes. And then suddenly you just get The notification, and then you have the rest of the current and the next month to move in, with a stranger that you will probably spend the rest of your life with. I'm prepared, but it's only been a few months since I turned 20. I can't wait. Hopelessly romantic is kinda my trademark. I want to meet the only person for me. The man who is the same in the right places and different where it does not matter. Maybe I've already met him. Although the chances are slim. Most people who have already met their partner, know it well before they are put together. The chances are high that it is a person not from Denmark. That is why we learn many languages. Mandarin / Korean / Japanese, Esperanto, English, French / Spanish, Indian and some take Arabic. At least it has become more popular, the Middle East is new to the system. Culture and history are also the two most popular subjects. The industry is also lucrative, although I now prefer mathematics. I mean it's interesting, but it's not what I want to be doing the rest of my life. Everyone has the opportunity to take the TOPA test when they turn eighteen, I did. It did not tell me anything I did not already know. But it does for others, some ignore it or their answers. Which is fair. Although it puts them in a more difficult situation, they have to figure out a lot of things themselves. They are not confident in their choices. Even after the law that companies may not see the results, there is discrimination. It was probably very good that the law was introduced. But in a way, the partner is more important than the job. The TPM tests are several hundred years old. They are not perfect, someone chooses to find out for themselves. And the system makes mistakes once in a while. Although rarely. Some do not have a soulmate or just get an animal, but they have usually figured it out before it happens. It is the system that holds the countries together. It is, after all, the only thing we all have in common. There are very few countries that are not involved. But the cultural mix the test has created has made the world a better place, I think. "Abigail, Chis, there's food!" My mother yells, which stops my train of thought. "Coming!" we shout in juicing from our separate rooms. That makes me smile.

It's not been long since Chis took the TOPA test. He can become almost whatever he wants, but would probably thrive best as a real estate agent. Or that's what he's told us, he's the only one who knows his results. The door closes behind me and the silence envelops me, which is only nice for a few moments. Before I ask to turn on any music. There are no notifications, a small disappointed sigh escapes me. I sit down at my desk and look at the painting I'm working on. It depicts our house's backyard. It's not quite finished, but promising nonetheless. My flow of thoughts is interrupted again, this time by The Gang Calling the Group. I take it. "Abigail!" Simba exclaims. "Hey" I answer meekly. Ronja and Mary Jane join shortly after me. "What are you all doing?" Simba asks "Reading, today's chapter! It's really good!" Ronja says. "Well, I'm very sorry to bother you then." Simba chuckles. "Nah, ist fine I'll survive. What about you Mary?" Mary sighs "I'm tidying up, my room is a goddamn mess." The memories of her room being a total mess find their way back to my mind. And I smile. "Abigail, what are you doing?" I shrug "Just thinking, you?" "Just doing homework, needed company." He answers. and we move on to talk about what the others might be doing. When suddenly it happens, everyone knows the sound. And we all go dead silent. I stare in disbelief at the notification. "It's...mine," I say mostly to myself. "Holy sh*t" Mary whispers. "Who is it?" Ronja asks curiously. I press the notification, but get interrupted by my whole family barge in and looking excited. "Who is it?" Chris askes. "It...doesn't say"