Chapter 1: The Team

"Shit"
you say while you practically launch yourself out of bed, of course being 30 minutes late isn't an ideal for your line of work. You know Hotch will be so ticked off that you aren't there yet but you enjoy messing with him a little. I mean the man barely smiles but sometimes it's funny to see how angry he gets.

  The rest of the team always sits back and enjoys the shit show whenever you cross some lines with Hotch because he has the shortest temper.

(Probably that bitch of a wife he's with)
As you rush to throw on some tight black slacks and a beige turtleneck you hear your phone ring.

"Fuck fuck fuck. Where the hell is my phone"
you grumble as you toss around your comforter and sheets waiting for it to fall out somewhere.

"Aha! Finally I got it"

you reach for the phone but once it's in your hand the call ends and of course out of all the people to who's call you could've missed it was Hotch.

This isn't about to be good...

You call him back anxiously waiting for him to yell at you or do SOMETHING that will definitely wake you up but instead he answers with a soft calming voice. It was nice when he was like that. His voice was deep but oddly soothing. Kind of seductive in a way but always stern.

"Y/n where the hell are you?" He says over the phone

"Uh uh, yeah sorry sir I slept through my alarm but I'm on my way to the subway now" you say awkwardly as you aren't the best with communication when you aren't high or drunk.

"Ok, don't be too stressed. We have a potential case but it's local. The team and I will meet you at the crime scene"

"Yes sir, see you then"

*the phone beeps as he clicks off the call*

Well this is going to be a boring one. The whole reason you joined the BAU is so you could travel places far from home which in a way you've made it far from your hometown in Connecticut but you like going out west for cases.

As you get off the subway to get to your SUV that the office leaves there for you, Hotch calls again. You already know that he's just confirming the case and giving you the breakdown to prep for what you might see.

"Yes Hotch" you say with a slight attitude that you know will make him twitch a little

"Y/ln, what have I told you about talking to me with that tone. Whatever just forget that right now though. We have two different types of MO's but it seems to be the same weapon. Reid will talk to you about it once you get here."

You confirm the location and tell him your ETA,

"Also Hotch, don't try too hard to act tough. I know you're a softy for this cute face" you quickly hang up the phone giggling.

"Reid!" You yell as you flash your badge at the cops on the side of the road so you can get into the crime scene.

"Hey y/n! You're late and Hotch isn't going to be too happy about that" he says in a concerned tone.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I know. Catch me up on this case really fast. How were they killed and who were the victims?"

You guys turn the corner to see a body with cuts that look all too familiar to ones of victims from the intense Jamaican gang killings.

"Reid these are cuts from a machete, Jamaican gang style. But why were we called in for only one kill?"

"There are three other victims, one other found on this side of the highway about thirty yards behind and tree then the other two were found a couple days ago on the other side but not as cut up looking"

You look at him confused. Two different MO's but same weapon. There's a good chance it's two different killers but are they working together or it's just a coincidence that they ended up here at the same time? I guess that's what we are about to find out.

That case was quick and easy but you have to go back to the office to fill out all the paperwork.

As you look up at Hotch's office while sitting down, his door opens.

"Y/n I'd like to see you in my office for a quick word"

Ugh he's probably writing your report of being late to give to bitch ass Strauss.

"Yes sir"
you say as you hastily put down your case file and report to start making your way up to his office.
"Sit down please" he says as he shuts the door behind you.

It's so weird that he keeps his blinds closed all the time. He's probably allergic to seeing people smile.

You shake your head as you realize that wasn't the nicest comment but you know that it wouldn't be surprising.

"What did you need Hotch?" You ask as he makes his way towards you.

"I just, well I really don't know what I needed." He says hesitantly as he starts to sit on his desk right in front of your chair. He's so close your knees are lightly brushing against each other.

You set a hand on his knee and he seems surprised.

"Is it Haley?" You ask politely yet with an urgent tone because they always seemed to have problems. It's just fun to know and he seems comfortable talking about it with you so why not just ask?

"Yeah actually it is. She's telling me I either have to leave the BAU or shes getting a divorce"

'That bitch' you think to yourself, almost saying it aloud.

"Aw Hotch, I'm so sorry. Have you made a decision yet? I know it must be hard because of Jack"

You stand up to get closer to him. The tension is high. You can see the look in his eyes and the steadying rise of each of your pulse seems loud in this small space of air between his lips and yours.

He gets up and walks around to his chair.

"I think I have. I love Jack so much but I can't just up and leave this job. Haley's made my life hell for the past year and I think it's time to let go" he says with a sad tone but you're ecstatic.

"Do what makes you happy Hotch." You say as you walk over to him and give him a light kiss on the cheek, which makes him blush very hard and he turns to hide his smile.

"Goodnight Hotchner"

"Goodnight y/ln"

You close the door and head to your desk to quickly file the papers then head home for the night.

Hey guys! My name is Evie and I know I'm not the best writer but please give me so many ideas from crime scenes to the hot and steamy stuff. I hope you enjoyed this chapter :))