4 - Come Meet Everyone

As we walked into the bar, the smell of cigarettes and cheap liquor hit my nose.

I scrunched my nose as we walked up to the bar and sat at the stools. Lip signaled the bartender over as some boy with black hair walked over to us.

"Hey, college. Thought you were too good for us now." the boy said with a loud voice.

I chuckled and the boy turned to me with a smile.

"And who are you?" the boy asked as he sat down on the stool next to me.

"Leave her alone, Mickey." Ian told him as he nursed a glass of tequila.

"I'm just asking her a question, Gallagher. Is that a problem?" Mickey asked Ian.

I turned on the stool and gave him a half smile.

"I'm Elena. Yes, I'm British. No, I'm not single. Now, if you don't mind, I would like to continue sitting at the bar and getting a drink that won't damage me or anyone else." I said and I turned my stool back around.

I heard Mickey scoff and chuckle as I looked up at the bartender.

"You're fiery, I like you. My name's Kev." the bartender said, sticking his hand out to me.

"Hi, Kev." I said, shaking his hand.

I felt a hand on my back as I slowly glared at it. I turned around and I looked at Mickey again.

"Your hand is on my shoulder. Please remove it before I remove it myself." I said, my eyes darting from my shoulder to his face.

He chuckled and stood up.

"You're not my type, sweetheart. He's my type." Mickey said, pointing at Ian.

I chuckled as I buried my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry. I've only met three people since I've been here and all 3 of them have always hit on me and brought up my accent. That's really my bad." I said as he, Lip, Ian, and Kev began to laugh.

"Like I said, fiesty." Kev said.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at them.

"Can I get a Coke cherry?" I asked Kev.

He nodded as he looked under the bar and pulled up a nozzle. He grabbed a glass and filled it before he handed it to me. I thanked him as I took a sip and the cup on the counter.

"So Elena, how are you liking Chicago?" Kev asked after he handed a beer to an older man.

"It's great. I've only been here, school, my dorm, the dealership, and Lip's house, but it's great." I replied.

"That's more than I've seen and I've lived here most of my life." Kev said, making me chuckle.

"I know what you mean. I didn't really travel around London." I told him.

We began talking as Mickey and Ian suddenly snuck out of the bar together. I began to chuckle to myself, apparently the only one who noticed. Probably because I've done pulled that move many times before. Mostly when Ron and I were with our friends and we wanted to, as he called it, "fuck it out".

2 summers ago

Draco was going on about something Quidditch related with Oliver and Cedric as I looked over at Ron.

He was already staring at me as a smirk grew on his face. I blushed a little as I pushed a piece of hair behind my ear.

I tried to turn my attention back to Draco but my eyes wandered back over to Ron. He was still smirking at me and I rolled my eyes.