Chapter 2- Step brothers?

"W-what? What do you mean? Is she hurt? What happened?" I was terrified but I also felt extremely guilty about the fight last night.

"Calm down sweetheart everything will be fine."

"Can I see her?"

"I'm afraid not. We need to get you ready to live with your new guardian."

"Who's my new guardian?" Shit! I haven't even thought about that. Who am I going to live with?

"Well Charli, we have reached out to your father and he said he will take you in. Go pack your bags you are leaving tonight. We will have an officer go with you on your flight since you are underage."

"Flight!? Where does he live?" What? I thought he lived no more that 20 minutes from my house.

"Yes sweetheart, your father lives in New York City."

"Oh." I tried to remain calm but on the inside I was freaking out. New York!? Are you kidding? Thats like across the country from here in Michigan. Well at least I think it is. I never payed attention in school.

I nodded and went to pack my bags.

I didn't have much since money has been short since my mom's mid life crisis. I packed a few jeans, skirts, crew necks, and hoodies. They all fit in this large backpack my dad left so I used that instead of a luggage. I also packed the 2 pairs of shoes I had witch were white platformed docs I got before my dad left and brown high top converse. Lastly I packed the ring my mom got me for my 10th birthday. It was silver and had the words 'I will always love you' creased into it. Then I made my way onto to porch to the 2 police officers but there was also another person.

"Hello darling, my name is Michelle and I work for social services. As you know you mom has been arrested and you are going to live with your father."

I only nodded in response. Then they led me into a van and to the airport.

A few hours later.

I was on the plane and it had already been a 2 hours or so. I connected my AirPods to put music and fells asleep.

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder who I realized was the officer they sent with me. I got up and headed out of the plane into the airport. I was told there would be an Uber coming so I waited on a bench. Once the Uber arrived I got in with light saying a word. I decided not to say much to anyone since my emotions were all over the place. After about 40 minutes we pulled up to a house. Let me rephrase that. We pulled up to a mansion. It was beautiful and incredibly large. Why would he need this all to himself? He was living here while me and my mom were living back in that dumb. That's insane. I got out of the Uber and right away a man came up to me to take my bad inside.

"I've got it." I said coldly as I snatched my bag back. I walked onto the porch and my father came out side.

"Charli! It's so great to see you. I've missed you so much!" Yeah totally.

"Then why haven't you called me? Or answered my texts?" I said

"I'm so sorry baby, when I moved here I changed my number." Why couldn't he have told me before? Right when I was about to reply I women came from behind him. She has blonde, almost white, hair and came out with a large smile on her face.

"Charli, this is my wife. Candice."

"You got married? You and mom divorced like 2 months ago!?"

"Charli" he warned, "calm down, don't be disrespectful." Disrespectful my ass. I just rolled my eyes not wanting to put of with this shit. I've put up with enough shit for one day.